Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Monday, December 20, 2010

COPY THAT

We had some paper work that had to be copied and then sent by certified mail.

Since this was the first time since we’ve been here that we’ve required a copy job we didn’t know where to go. I figured a library or a bank would be fine, so we set out in search of the library or bank.


We came to a bank first. Dan parked and I went into a very lush lobby. There were coffee, cookies and donuts in a waiting area. And there was a 36” TV hanging on the wall. It was more like being in the lobby of a Comfort Inn.


I had time to take it all in since there was only one teller working the lobby area and looked like there were about 5 in the drive thru’ area. It wasn’t busy inside by any means but the person ahead of me had a very time consuming transaction.


One of the drive thru’ tellers came to her lobby window and asked if she could assist me. I asked her if it would be possible to have some copies made and I went on to say I understand there would be a charge. She said “Oh, no. There is no charge for copies. It is a service to our customers!” I explained I was not a customer and would be willing to pay. She told me it is not possible to make copies for non customers because there is no charge. Hmmmmm…I GUESS I understand.

So I asked where I COULD get copies made and she sent me down the road to a place called Mailboxes and More (or something like that). They make copies, ship Fed-Ex, are a UPS pickup/drop off place, have mail boxes, etc. YOU probably are all familiar with this business, but we weren’t. And instead of having to drive clear back to the Acworth PO and stand in the long line (last week it was out the door), I was able to send our things certified mail from this place. I know it cost more, but it was worth it.


Which brings me to this; have you got all of your holiday mailing(s) done? Maybe I should first ask if you have all of your Christmas shopping done?


Now, I have a question for all my readers; MALE OR FEMALE…what was the least favorite gift that your spouse or significant other gave you?


I will tell you mine…my first hubby got me a vacuum cleaner for our 1st Christmas together! Now HOW personal is that, especially for newlyweds??!!! And it wasn’t that we needed it, but “it was on sale”.



Dan and I don’t exchange gifts for Christmas anymore because we usually buy something BIG during the year and call it our present….like this 5th wheel should cover us on any birthday’s, anniversaries, Christmas’s, Ground Hogs Day, Grandparents Day, etc for a LONG TIME. However, way back when we first move to the U.P. (we had been married about 7 years by this time), Dan and one of his buddies were going to Marquette to Christmas shop. I knew Dan really didn’t want to go but he did it just to be polite to the guy.


AS they were leaving (and not a minute or day before that), Dan asked me what I would like for Christmas. I said “Wooden spoons would be nice, but it also nice to be surprised!”. DO YOU KNOW WHAT I GOT FOR CHRISTMAS??? About $15.00 worth of wooden spoons! I thought I was being facetious because he had waited so long to ask me, plus he waited until two days before Christmas to even ask!

 I still have several of those spoons. But I used a couple right away after opening…yep, ladies, right on his POINTED LITTLE HEAD!!!

5 comments:

  1. Funny stories, Cathy...with us it was the opposite..Paul used to buy me this sexy lingerie every Xmas..about 10 sizes too small...you know the type...uncomfortable type stuff. haa I ended up returning them for years. hha Then he got it and gave me jewelry which I loved...now we get something big together for the house, which I really like to do..we watch for sales and then go get it...this year we are upgrading our flat screen plasma to a big a** 55 inch screen! Woot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sfeutz8:42 PM

    Well. . I like stuff, so I don't think I ever got anything I didn't think. . oh, I could do something with that. .I probably would had been planning on how to paint daisies on all of those spoons and turn them into decorator items! I have all of my gifts purchased and shipped(except for Tom's are under the tree), Christmas letter mailed and we have been sampling local Christmas concerts, open houses, etc. I do feel like a little "piglet" eating all of those sweets that I usually deny myself. Anyway, house is somewhat decorated and I am ready for Santa! Oh, yes, I do still believe! Ho! Ho! Ho! A Merry Christmas to you both. Don't worry, Santa will find you, you just have to believe. . . :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wilson7:10 AM

    nothing better than opening a new toaster on christmas morn...ask my wife!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:18 AM

    Let me count the gifts that I didn't appreciate from my husband... the most unappreciated one was for Mother's Day when I received all of 2 pot holders. The other one was for Christmas, was a really ugly turquoise robe. The first and only time I used it was when our dog was having puppies. I am sure the dog appreciated something nice and warm for her babies as they were being born.
    Things have changed in the gift department. We only get for the grand kids now!
    Jan on 446

    ReplyDelete
  5. To all of ya; HA! THESE have been entertaining to read! I hope others will share their stories too!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive