Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Monday, December 27, 2010

COLD AND WARMING UP!

Thanks for the emails and concern about why I hadn't posted since I guess Wednesday of last week.  There really wasn't anything to post about and time just got away from me.  I didn't mean to worry ya, so thanks!!

BTW, there have been some people who have been missing from my blog via the comment section so I'm wondering where YOU are!!??

My mother has wondered how we are keeping warm with all the cold weather hitting the south.  Rest assured, we are keeping warm.  But then we are use to the cold weather so it probably doesn't bother us as much as the locals.  Our new 5th wheel has a 35,000 BTU furnace, plus an electric fireplace.  It is very well insulated all over, top to bottom and side to side.  The basement is also heated.  And we have a heated mattress pad on the bed.

When it is really cold outside during the day we keep all the shades drawn.  At night, before we go to bed, Dan unhooks the hose and drains it and brings it inside so it doesn't freeze.  It normally doesn't freeze unless it has gotten down to around 27.  There is a frost free hydrant so that hasn't frozen on us.  Then in the a.m. Dan goes out and hooks the hose back up.  It has worked out fine.

But starting this week, it is supposed to warm up in our area.   Some stations say we will hit 60 for a couple of days and others are saying mid to upper  50's with the lows being in the 40's instead of the upper 20's.  That will be nice!

We work the next 4 days and then starting Friday we are off 4 days.  When we go to get groceries this week Dan wants to go to Wal-Mart and purchase a tripod.  We have one at home, but since he is going to start using the other camera, we will need two.  He is REALLY shaky when trying to use the zoom lens on the Fuji, so I can't blame him for wanting the tripod.

Hopefully I can get some shots of the "lake" out here and how it has changed since the last time I showed you photos of it.  I don't plan on doing that for another couple of days or so.

So, that's about it for us for now.

5 comments:

  1. Hope it warms up for you. Looking forward to pictures of that area. I sure hope it does warm up, we are heading down south in January for about a three week vacation, and we sure don't want it that cold then! ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here I'am!Been very busy @ work 55hrs a week.vacation this week so i am catching up with my internet stuff.Hope all is well with you and Dan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gina Harman1:49 PM

    Hi Cathy and Dan! Hope your Holidays are great! Glad you guys are going to enjoy some warmer weather....burrrr its chilly here in Newberry! Take Care, Gina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even having to hook and unhook the hose; I imagine that's a pretty small price to pay having such a nice 5th wheel to live in. "the basement is also heated" ... that just cracks me up ~ but I know what you're talking about. lol How nice!! 40 and 60 degree weather sounds wonderful~~ blow some my way!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Retired One, I hope you have a safe and sunny trip! And take lots of shots!

    Tractor Guy, WOW!!! You HAVE been busy...and missed!! Take care!

    Gina, Good to hear from ya!So what's the cost of gas in Newberry now? In someplaces here it is still under $3.00

    Mel, I KNOW! The first time anyone told me about a basement in their RV I thought they were trying to be funny! Hopefully we don't have to pull the hose in anymore!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive