Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Thursday, November 04, 2010

NUTTIN' MUCH

Here I am!!! (Yes, songsters, that is the beginning of a line to a song…know what it is??)


There really hasn’t been anything remotely earth shattering that has happened in the past couple of days. We’ve been “working”. I put that in quotes because with the weather on the cloudy/misty side there hasn’t been hardly anyone at the boat ramp (except some guy who decided to park and pee by his car and he was only 50’ away from a porta-john…too bad the cop wasn’t there then!! I should have written HIM a citation for not having a sticker for his ....well...you know...but where would I have put it??!!)

I guess the newest and exciting event was I cut my toenails. I know, I know. I should be lady like and say I gave myself a pedicure, but that isn’t what I did….I plain and simple cut my toenails. I must’ve cut my big toe’s nail too short because last night even the sheet against it made it hurt!

We met Ranger Rusty yesterday. No, that isn’t some guy dressed up in a Moon-Pie suit…that is really his name.(We KNOW we are in the south because there are Moon-Pies sold at EVERY store and gas station) He stopped by to let us know that on Veteran’s Day we are to put a big garbage bag (which he supplied) over the fee use box at the ramp so it’ll be a freebie day for all boaters. Since it was our scheduled day to work, we get the day off. We’ll be headed to Applebee’s for their free Veteran’s meal (for Dan).

Tomorrow starts our 4 days off and boy have we got plans!!! Friday will be laundry, grocery and finding an Ace Hardware day (so I can find a towel bar for the kitchen; see previous post). If we can still wiggle after all of THAT excitement, then we have better plans!  The rest of our 4 days is supposed to be nice weather (on the cool side though…60’s) and we plan on going to the Corp Visitor Center, to the Coopers Furnace Day Use Area and take some of the nature trails. One of them has “scenic vistas” of the Blue Ridge Mountains.

And speaking of the Blue Ridge Mountains, they could get up to 14” of snow in Tennessee and parts of N. Carolina! YEP!!! WE HAVE ARRIVED!!! At least Georgia isn’t in that particular forecast!

We still haven’t purchased fishing licenses nor have we purchased bikes. There are still plans to do both, but I’M getting anxious to fish!!! Even if I don’t catch anything! It is always so much fun fishing with Dan. When he gets a bite and sets the hook, all he comes away with is fish lips. We’ll have to stay clear of low lying branches. He admits that if we had to depend on him to bring fish home for supper that we’d probably starve to death (or make a broth from tree branches)

There is a Native American Pow Wow at Stone Mountain sometime this month. We really would like to attend if it works out it is our days off. We haven’t been to a Pow Wow since we moved to the U.P. If you EVER get the chance to attend one, you really should.

Well, I guess that’s about it for now! Keep those emails coming!

6 comments:

  1. We must be soul sisters - I shaved my legs today! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:44 AM

    Brian Adams.......Here I am ??

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cher, good for the both of us!!!

    Anonymous, That isn't the line that I'm thinking of; try again??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gary H. / BC,MI10:52 PM

    "Here I Am" by Air Supply also part of lyrics in "Rock You Like A Hurricane" by The Scorpions. Not finding anything under "nuttin' much".

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gary, I WAS thinking of the song by Air Supply but yep, the other one works too! Maybe I'll need to write a song for Nuttin' Much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We Have Arrived
    Dark Angel, 1985

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive