Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Sunday, November 28, 2010

MOONLIGHT SONATA

When I was younger and my memory was better, I was able to play the first 12 pages (or however many the first movement is!) of Moonlight Sonata (Beethoven).  I played it often enough that I was able to play it without the sheet music.  Today, if I sat in front of a piano, I'd be lucky to get out the first few chords of Let It Be (actually I probably would be happy if I could play Chopsticks all the way thru!).

But I digress....this is a photo from about a week ago.  It was such a beautiful, calm night.


Moonlight Sonata


Tomorrow starts our next 4 days off.  Maybe I already mentioned this but Dan wants to go back to the apple valley and get more apples and fried pies!  In looking through some Georgia travel info, I found an old grist mill that really isn't too far from here, so I'm hoping we can find it.  It is near a town called Sixes which isn't even on the map!  We may be going around in circles for a while trying to locate this mill but it'll be the first thing we search for!!  That way we'll have LOTS of time!!

I can't remember if I told you that on our way down, the various campgrounds we stayed at, we compared "notes" with other campground owners and hosts about if they felt campers were getting way out of hand with being hard to please, etc.  EVERYONE SAID THIS PAST SUMMER WAS THE WORST THEY HAD EVER EXPERIENCED WITH CAMPERS THAT JUST COULD NOT BE PLEASED!!!  And others also had the same experience of campers going online to bitch about that particular campground.  I am really NOT looking forward to next summer if this is going to be a continuing trend.  I may have to keep a box of wine under my counter and keep some in my sippy cup!

Take care!!

4 comments:

  1. That's it - we'll come camping at your place and we'll even bring the wine! I think people in general are just getting ruder and ruder. But then that's what they see in the movies, tv etc. as the norm. Manners are not being taught.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cher, I too think it is basically a sign of the times and the ones that are the hardest to please are the ones with the big rigs; like we are the PEONS..if it weren't for us ( meaning campground owners and workers) where would they camp??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that moonlight shot,Cathy! It is just so sad about the rudeness of a lot of the campers. It comes down to respect for others...and for that to be declining is a sad statement!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Retired One. Thanks! I wish I'd have brought my tripod! People have gotten more rude and less respectfull over the years...and I don't see it improving.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive