Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Saturday, November 20, 2010

JUST HOW BAD DO I WANT IT???

I finally did a search today to see if Brachs had stopped making chocolate stars.  They still make them, but I don't think the southern states are familiar with them.

I found a place called candywarehouse.com that a person can order ALL kinds of candy...as long as you want POUNDS of it.  All I want is a bag of them every once in a while.  I don't need $29.98 worth (which equals 5 pounds!)! 

Their shipping warning reads as follows;
HEAT WARNING!!!! EXPEDITED SHIPPING MAY BE REQUIRED FOR SOME SHIPMENTS.  THERE IS NO REFUND FOR MELTED CANDY!!

And cheese curds!!!  We can't find them down here either!  We weren't able to find them last fall/winter in N. Carolina or Texas (nor the Brach's chocolate stars for that matter).  And we weren't able to find Betty Crocker potato pancake mix either last year so before we left home this year I bought 10 boxes of those!

Sometimes  ya just need those comfort "foods" (well  you THINK you do anyway!)!!

BUT I DID FINALLY FIND MY KITCHEN TOWEL RACK!!!!There is a HUGE Ace Hardware in Ellijay and they had two left!  Now they have one (I probably should have bought both!).

3 comments:

  1. This post made me smile...my daughter in Florida always has me pick up some "hot" flavored cheese popcorn up here and bring it down, because she can't get it there. And don't get me started on how much we miss Vollwerth's meats down there when we travel, either. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know the brand but I can't say that I've seen it in Los Angeles, at least not lately. There used to be bins of it in grocery stores in Ohio. Now I'll be on the lookout and if I find chocolate stars, I'll pick some up for you and wait to send until there's no chance of melting due to winter :-)

    xo jj

    ReplyDelete
  3. Retired One, it is amazing what you can find in one area of the country vs another, but I thought chocolate stars were a staple every place!!

    Joanna, Just out of curiosity, let me know if you see any in your neck of the woods! I DO remebmer going into the 5 and dime stores and they had canisters of candy and peanuts and cashews under a heater type thing. THOSE were the days!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive