Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

THE BIRD WANTS A PARDON


"WE heard you were going to a buffet place for turkey day."

"But maybe we heard wrong??!!  We better head for cover!"

"I AM NOT coming down until Friday!!"

"And you can't MAKE me come down!  But I might fly to a different tree!!"

Which he did and of course I was not ready for THAT shot!

7 comments:

  1. Those are some smart turkeys. i'd stay up in the tree-- very high up, if I was them!!

    Have a great Thanksgiving Cathy.
    xo jj

    ReplyDelete
  2. For a not-so-smart bird, he has the right idea...
    Happy Thanksgiving and thanks for the chuckle.
    BlessYourHeart

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joanna, YOU TOO have a great holiday! I'm sure it'll be filled with love, family and friends!

    Dar, they were funny to watch because ONE of the toms decided HE was going to come after me! He ruffled those feathers and beat his wings. Had ME convinced!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love seeing wild turkeys!! Yes, they better hide for the rest of the month and again around Christmas time too...hahaaa
    Cute post.
    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving you too..and cuddle up in that camper of yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cathy, You always find great humor in the daily happenings. Thanks for posting the turkey pictures. Wishing you and Dan a wonderful Thanksgiving. You are probably thankful you won't be receiving the snow we are forecast to get this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute pictures and humor to got with the pictures.....Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  7. REtired One, Dan and I have both had a cold and he was saying he was going to get some Wild Turkey!! Happy Thanksgiving!

    Brenda, I read it is 17 degrees in the Soo this a.m.! It was 72 here yesterday!! Happy Thanksgiving!

    Amy, Thanks! Enjoy your holiday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive