Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Sunday, November 28, 2010

$(^&@@!!!! and another thing,%^^&&@*!!

I AM SO MAD I COULD JUST SPIT!!

I realized it had been at least a year since I had formatted the memory card in my camera or the one in the camera Dan uses.  So, I formatted them...

About 2 days ago, I stealthily (is that a word??) pursued a blue heron.  I got two shots of him perched on an old tree stump and another shot of him flying away..  It was a wonderful shot!

About 29 seconds after I had formatted my card, I remembered I had NOT uploaded those photos to my computer!!!!  Arrggghh!!!!  AND #%$*^!!!

Let that be a lesson to ya; when it is time to format your cards again, MAKE SURE YOU'VE GOT THE PHOTOS OFF FROM THEM THAT YOU WANT!!

6 comments:

  1. Eww ~ Such a potty mouth! I can certainly relate. When we moved down from Alaska I had a new camera and was just learning how to operate it. We had some beautiful pics and videos of the great migration of sandhill cranes, geese and ducks - all deleted with one wrong touch.
    p.s. I still want to meet you I think we have an awful lot in common.
    'hugs from afar'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cher, It would be wonderful to meet you and your hubby!! I think we DO have a lot in common!! Hope to see you this summer!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bummer..I know the pit in your stomach that you speak of...it was like when I saw my very FIRST moose up here and had my camera, but had left my battery pack charging in the outlet at home. I still get mad when I think of it. hahaaa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cathy, Just caught up on your posts. congrats on the smaller jeans size!!!

    It sounds like you found the mother of all Thanksgiving buffets-- YUM!!!! I can't remember ever having Thanksgiving dinner in a restaurant but the older I get the more appealing it sounds-- especially if I can find one as good as yours.

    So sorry about the camera-- I usually take the disc out to download and then forget to put it back in. Sheesh.

    Cheers, jj

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cathy, you may be able to recover those photos. There are softwares for recovering the deleted files, even the files in your memory card after you format it.
    Searching 'easyrecovery', the name of the software. You will be able to download the trial version. After installing it, you can recover three files for free. Hope you can figure out how to use it and it can help you find what you lost. Let me know how it is going. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mono mio, good to hear from you!!! Thanks for the info. I will check it out later today...just in case I do something like that again later!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive