Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Saturday, October 23, 2010

WHO COULD ASK FOR ANYTHING MORE

Greystone

This is our wonderful, new home away from home!

Currently we are in a small campground in Athens, Tennessee.    We head for Georgia tomorrow.  It is about 75 degrees and sunny.  Temps in the morning do require the furnace or the fireplace for a bit.

We can't wait to get where we are going to stay for the next 5-6 months.  I can't wait to get my office set up and I know Dan will be happy when that is done too because I am using the table for my work station till we get where we are going.

Dan's been collecting acorns like some possessed little squirrel.  He's got about 50 so far and he intends to plant them when we return.  He's planted several acorns on our property already and they resulted in some very nice oak trees.

Ya know how much we DON'T like heavy traffic, right?  Coming through Dayton AND right thru' Cincinnatti (didn't take the by-pass) was a piece of cake compared to getting around Knoxville.  We both needed a beer once we got through there, (and I don't drink beer!) but we were committed to getting to a campground and resting our eyes.  So, this is our 2nd night at this park.  It isn't that the park is so special, but it gave us a chance to do laundry and do a bit of shopping for some things we need.

More in a day or two!

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful RV. I'm looking forward to hearing about your adventures. We're leaving in our RV right after Christmas. So any hints about living in an RV will be appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks gorgeous! Boy the campsites sure are on top of each other there, aren't they? But the colored trees are gorgeous...I miss our leaves already!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could rent that out for about 10 grand a month here in NYC !! Love it !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brenda, hey, good luck on your trip and if I can think of any good info to share, I will! Feel free to email with ??

    Retired One, yes this campground IS very close sites! I can't imagine staying here for very long. You have NO yard at all.

    King of NY Hacks, Now that's an intersting thought...Central Park an RV spot??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cathy, I've been away on vacation and finally catching up on my reading.

    Your new home looks fabulous! I hope you're settling in and Dan is finding all the light switches (I thought for sure a few posts ago you were having an earthquake :-)

    A belated Happy Anniversary to you. 25 years is big! I LOVED the wedding photo and the outfits. It sounds like a very fun wedding.

    Hope you are feeling good and loving life. Safe travels, jj

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive