Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

STILL HERE!!

The past two days have been busy days.

Yesterday we both had a Dr appointment in Cheboygan.  It was a wonderful day for a drive and I took a lot of photos between here and there. The tamarack trees are just turning golden.  I was going to share some of my shots with you but I wasn't happy with any of them, so they were all deleted.

This was my first visit to a dermatologist.  Dan goes to Dr Gray for his skin issues and gets treatment.  Everyone has been after me to have my 3 year old mosquito bite checked out and no one likes the looks of my keloids where I had shoulder surgery.  I don't like them either, but I keep them covered!  What my well intentioned friends and family mean is they are worried about them because they don't look like keloids.

So the Dr checked me out, wasn't impressed by my 3 year old mosquito bite but decided he wanted to do a biopsy of one of my keloids,  only he says these things are NOT keloids.  We will be on the road by the time they get the results back so I have to call sometime next week.  And they showed Dan how to remove my stitches in 10 days.

Then we left early this morning for the Soo (Sault Ste Marie to people who don't know the short name for the town).  I dropped off my desktop computer and monitor at National Office Products so I know it has a safe, warm place to stay this winter.  We had some other things to do, like pick up last minute stuff at WalMart and Dan wanted to get a small air compressor to take along with us.  And we ate lunch at the Great Wall which is a Chinese restaurant with a menu or buffet.  We always go for the buffet.

If you are ever in the Soo you should give this place a try (if you like all kinds of oriental dishes that is!)

1 comment:

  1. Wishing you didn't delete the photos...we might have loved them!
    I am sure your excitement is building for your trip....I am leaving for downstate on Friday to go to a wedding near Detroit!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive