Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Friday, October 15, 2010

A QUARTER OF A CENTURY!!


Doesn't a quarter of a century sound like so much longer than just 25 years??

Dan and I will be celebrating our 25 year wedding anniversary on 10/19/10. It really does not seem possible! Not sure how we will be celebrating except for the fact we'll be picking up our new home!

I know it doesn't show up well in this photo (actually this IS a photo OF a photo), but what I am holding against Dan's back is our marriage license.

And for those of you who might be new to our lives, Dan and I had rather a unique wedding; he was dressed in buckskins and I had an old fashioned wedding dress that my sweet sister made for me. Our kids were dressed to look like old style fashion plates and even our minister dressed in bibs.

Don't know when I'll be back online again so if you don't hear from me in a while, you know why!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:05 AM

    Save travels.....

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulation Dan&Cathy on your 25th.prayers for a safe trip.Hope all goes well.Max&Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. sfeutz10:53 PM

    What a cute bride! Hope you have great travels this winter.We are closing on our new home in Silver City,New Mexico this week but won't be moved for another month. We will miss Mancos but are excited about our new adventure and spending the winter a little warmer and with a lot less snow. Safe journeys to you and Dan. I look forward to reading about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:49 AM

    OK, what show was this from Cathy

    Happy Trails to you, until we meet again.

    Take Care, can't wait to read about your new adventure

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just reading this today on 10/20, so happy belated anniversary. That pic is a riot...I didn't even recognize you in it, but you sure look happy. Quite a unique wedding, you two!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive