Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

NUTTIN MUCH

Dan and I are thankful for ALLLLLLL of those CD’s that Jan recorded for us and dropped off to our home before we left on this trip. We didn’t listen to any music on the ride down, but since there are only 3 TV stations (and as I already told ya in a previous post, I can’t in good conscience tell you what Dan calls two of the 3), we can listen to music at night instead of watching TV! YEP! I got THAT part figured out! Now, I just gotta figure out how to play CD’s with jpg files so we can look at our photos on the big screen TV.




After listening to one that Jan had recorded (5 more to go??), I put in one that my daughter had recorded for us…anything from ACDC to Patti LaBelle to Christina Agulara (spelling??). So we boogied all the way till 9:30 p.m.



I was kept hopping up and down (not to the music) to get to the weather radio which is in the bedroom. Ever since we arrived there have been tornado warnings and watches. Even trying to sleep that alarm would sound about every 3 hours. And you really DON’T want to unplug it when there is the possibility of bad weather in the area. So it was a short night!



I almost forgot! I need to give a shout out to the 3 NUTS FROM OHIO!!! Maybe you remember reading about them when I was still the trail reporter and Dan was still a groomer operator. They know Dan has a thing for GOOD pickles and a couple of winters ago, they brought up a WHOLE case of Mt. Olive pickles. We found all kinds of Mt. Olive pickles down here!



Today is supposed to be our moving day to our site where we will be till April. But the weather is so nasty we may wait a day longer. We had our orientation yesterday and are anxious to get to our spot.



The Corp has already started letting water out of the reservoir and in a couple of months, the place where we will be will pretty much just be a trickle of water so there won’t be a whole lot for us to do by then.



A year ago today, Dan and I were in Nags Head, NC celebrating my $%th birthday. I suppose, if we aren’t blown off the map, that we may try to find a good place to eat tonight. We had Mexican last year so it is fine with me to have a repeat!!



The temps are about 20 degrees above normal for this time of year. We’ve had to break down and run the AC. It gets very muggy outside and inside.



There are a lot of things to see and do in the area and one of the top priorities on Dan’s list (now that he has his pickles) is to find some good Georgia pecans. We have the next 4 days off, so if it stops raining long enough maybe we can get out and about!



Catch up with you later!!

3 comments:

  1. So glad you are enjoying your stay there so far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Cathy! Hope the weather improves.
    Cheers, jj

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, Happy Birthday! I hope the rain stops so that you can enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive