Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Monday, October 11, 2010

NUTTIN' MUCH

ONE WEEK FROM TODAY!!!! 

There is so much to remember to get done between now and when we leave.  And, as I said, a LOT of it we can't even do until we close on Saturday at noon.  I know some of the things just aren't going to get done this fall, so that will mean that much more to do in the spring when we return.  Maybe the Wood Faerie's will show up and split that big pile of wood.  THAT will be a  HUGE chore.

Dan's trying to get Bubba (the truck) washed and waxed today.  He might as well 'get 'er dun' because the cable guy was here and shut all the cable sites off as well as the Little Lodge and our home...can you imagine?  I kind of like this week of no TV, except for missing my one and only soap, The Bold and the Beautiful, and missing House, Two and a Half Men, NCIS and Thursday night's CSI.  Dan will miss Survivor ( he likes all the ones I watch too except for House).

We have a book exchange library in the lobby and I'm sure there are close to 300 books out there (if not more), so it is time for me to pick some out to take with us.  Hopefully I can find a place "down south" that I can exchange THESE books once I have read them.

Tomorrow afternoon, we have to go to Cheboygan and on Wednesday we have to go to the Soo.  So those two days are basically shot.  However, while we are in the Soo, I hope to time it right so we can go to The Wall for the Chinese buffet.

The leaves are pretty much off the trees so fall colors are done for this year.  It was a good year for colors in our area.

That about brings you up to speed!  Don't worry if I am not posting regularly because there are a lot of things we've got to get done and little time left to do it in.

Later!

4 comments:

  1. It's a lot of work getting ready to leave home ... for a time being. I watch all the TV shows you do... so if you ever need an update just hollar. lol Take care, and don't overdue it ... things will get done on time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mel, OK! So, let me know; did Stephanie get cut with the broken bottle or did Brook save her? You can email me at cclementz@lighthouse.net. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:15 PM

    You can watch your shows the next day on line. Just go to NBC or whatever network and click on shows. I work a third and miss my shows too. I watch next day when I have time.
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is okay, because I have been AWFUL about reading all my friends' blogs all summer...too busy outside myself...anyway, I didn't realize you guys are closing already on Saturday. I should have because it is the middle of Oct. already, but with all the activities here going on, it didn't hit me until my quick stop on your blog this morning!! You must be so excited! Am looking forward to your adventure stories, and hopefully by then I will be reading blogs more regularly then!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive