Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Thursday, October 28, 2010

GREEN ONIONS

We finally got moved to our home base this morning.  Yesterday was another nasty weather day with a tornado touching down about 16 miles east of here.  Close enough!!

I'm actually sitting in my little "office" area.  So that means we've pretty much got everything put in it's place in the whole 5th wheel now...except I CAN'T FIND THE BAG OF GREEN ONIONS I THOUGHT I BROUGHT WITH US!!

Dan has looked in the basement while I searched the 5th wheel.  He even looked in the tool box.  Possibly they are sitting at home, 1300 miles north of here on the table.  But I was so sure that I'd put them in a paper bag.  Dan thinks maybe when we unloaded the other 5th wheel into THIS one that possibly we missed them there.  If that is the case, I hope General RV finds them before they sprout!

Our site isn't on the lake here, but it is still nice.  We pretty much have the whole place to ourselves; there is one other 'host' here.  They work the next 4 days and then we work 4 days.  I'll eventually get a photo or two.

I've had several emails asking about the cost of fuel.  Regular unleaded is about $2.59.  Diesel is running about $2.99.  We checked out the Ingles grocery store today.  It is a VERY nice store with a large selection of meat (I prefer their choices over Wal-Marts), but they are more costly on about everything that Wal-Mart is.  I picked up a 1/2 gallon of skim milk and it was $3.53!  FOR A 1/2 GALLON!  I can get it at Wal-Mart for under $2.00.  I looked a bit further down the aisle and found a different brand for $2.89.  It's about 9 miles to Wal-Mart so that isn't too bad.

There is a cold front coming in and I think everyone is looking forward to it.  It has been very hot and muggy.

Today was the first time we have used our shower in the 5th wheel.  We have a pressure regulator on our hose so we don't have a great deal of pressure.  For anyone who hasn't showered in an RV, it takes a bit of planning.  At least neither one of us ran out of hot water!  But I had to laugh at Dan.  This water here is so treated that it just takes a dab of shampoo to get a good lather.  Dan took his normal amount of shampoo and had lather from head to toe.  He had a heck of a time rinsing it all off with that "trickle" of water!  When we headed out for a walk he said he hoped it didn't start raining because he wasn't convinced he got all the shampoo out of his hair.

I managed to find Dan about 4 more TV stations, so he's almost happy.  AND I managed to figure out how to play my jpg files (that I have on CD-RW) on the TV.  NOW what I need to figure out how to speed the slide show up!  Each picture stays on the screen for at least 15 seconds.  That's a lot of waiting when you have a LOT of photos!  BUT THEY DO LOOK GOOD!!

Well, that's about it for tonight.  We're both on the tired side.

Hope all is well in your neck of da woods!!

3 comments:

  1. Booker T & The MG'S/1991.Sounds like you guys are getting settled in.Things are good here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gary H. / BC, MI6:01 PM

    Yup, "Green Onions" was done by Booker T. & the M.G.'s, and also by The Ventures too. But, the song was from the early 60's (61/62) and the M.G.s first hit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tractor Guy, yep! Booker T and the MG's!

    Gary, you are right too! I didn't know the Ventures did it too! Thanks for that info!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive