Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Friday, October 29, 2010

ADAM'S MISSING LEAF


We took a walk this morning. It seemed like it was all up hill (which it really was).

It is about 50 this morning and looks like it will be a gorgeous day.

This is our new home site till April 1st. Nice and quiet. My bedroom window faces the east so I'm treated to an early sunrise reflecting off the lake. I was too tired to get out of bed and get a shot of that!!

On our walk, Dan found a piece of history; Adam's missing leaf. We don't know what type of tree this came from; do you?? There are a lot of hickory trees and maples, but we can't identify these leaves and can't find the trees that they fell from.

We put the bird feeder up yesterday and now we have to get out the bird book to start identifying the various birds we don't know. I guess we should have brought our tree book too! I'll try to get some shots to share with you.

Not sure what we are going to be up to for the rest of the day. I'm hoping we can find that Mexican place in Cartersville and go out for supper (since Wednesday was a bust due to the weather).

Catch up with ya'll later (yep, that is southern for all of you!)
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. Gary H. / BC, MI5:42 PM

    The leaf looks like it could possibly be from a "Northern Catalpa" tree, just a guess though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wilson6:46 PM

    any word on the missing onions?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gary, I think you might be right! I found a lot of what I guess are seed pods on the ground and I KNOW those are catalpa.

    Wilson, NO!!! I don't know where those onions are!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believe for the full effect of "Adam's Missing Leaf" that Dan needed to strip down a little. ROFL
    Enjoy your new abode. It looks so peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cher, Dan might be willing to do that in the name of science and missing artifacts!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive