Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

NUTTIN' MUCH

(I WROTE THIS YESTERDAY BUT DIDN’T GET IT POSTED. JUST TO LET YA KNOW, I’M DONE WITH MY PHOTOS FOR A WHILE. IT WAS GOOD TO BE ABLE TO GET OUTSIDE AND GET SOME SHOTS THOUGH. I KNOW NOT ALL OF MY READERS ARE HERE BECAUSE OF PHOTOS THAT I POST SO I HAVEN’T FORGOTTEN ABOUT YOU!!)

OK, we are down to 19 days till we leave!!!

Didn’t September really go fast?

This morning was my errand morning which entails getting to the bank and to the grocery store. It was also time for my annual lab work so by the time I got done there, then at the bank and at the grocery store I was REALLY hungry when I got home!

You know how that smell of items in the deli bakery assaults your nose when you get out of your vehicle. It was all I could do to keep from buying something like an apple fritter and eating right there in the aisle. I talked myself out of it and told myself how much better off I would be to wait till I got home and have a bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios. Somehow the Cheerios didn’t taste nearly as good as I KNEW that fritter would have.

But my sweet tooth was bothering me big time today. I picked some apples off from one of the trees. We have several crab apple trees and one regular apple tree, but we don’t know what kind of apples it produces. All I know is they DO taste good in apple crisp. Which is hot out of the oven right now!
While we are watching NCIS tonight, we can each curl up on our end of the couch with a small bowl of apple crisp. Well, that’s a lie…neither one of us can CURL up anymore…at least not while seated on the couch. Well, it is two lies; they won’t be small bowls.

And today was a day for surprises! I mentioned that one of my blog readers was going to stop by this morning so we could meet. She told me she had something for Dan and I to take on our trip. Jan, that’s the gal’s name, had recorded 7 CD’s for us. Each one has about 21 songs on it and they range in years from 1954 to 1961. Since rock n roll was THE music that my mother listened to when I was little, I was “exposed” to Bill Haley and the Comets, Elvis, Fats Domino and all those others. There is quite a collection of songs and we’re looking forward to listening to them! Thanks Jan! And it was good to met ya!

And another surprise was a phone call from a follower who lives in Ohio. She was so very polite with her introduction and wanted to let me know that I’m not the only business person who feels customers are really getting harder to please and to deal with. She and her hubby are self employed and have had a few “run ins” that made them shake their heads in amazement. If this trend keeps up, we small business owners may all have to get a Federal stimulus grant for SBOT, which is Small Business Owner’s Therapy…I wonder if that’d be covered in the new Obama-care health plan? I’M NOT GOING THERE, I’M NOT GOING THERE, I’M NOT GOING THERE. (I don’t do politics on my blog)

My sister and her new hubby were up this past week. They’ve been married a week and 3 days now. You may recall that my sister’s husband died of a rare cancer 4 years ago. My mother and I thought she would never recover. This happened shortly after our Dad died so it was a double whammy for her. But she and her new hubby found each other and they seem truly happy. I love her new hubby just for the fact he pulled her from a deep, dark place and gave her hope and brought her to life again.

The wood still hasn’t been split but we’re slowly getting other things done in preparation of closing and heading out.

This week will be a good time to come up and enjoy the fall colors. I feel in another 3-4 days we will be on the downward side of peak in our area. There is a cold front moving in for the weekend. Wind is starting to take some leaves off the trees, so come on up! We had a late cancellation on a cabin for this weekend, so we do have a cozy cabin available and plenty of campsites!

Later!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Cathy,

    Congrats to the newlyweds! I wish them all the happiness their hearts can hold.

    I'm guessing you will LOVE those music CDs. What a sweet thing for Jan to do. Enjoy!

    Happy weekend, jj

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joanna, We are so happy for my sister and her new hubby so thanks for the well wishes. And yes, we WILL enjoy those Cd's! There's enough music to get us all the way to Georgia!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive