Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

AND GOD SAID "LET THERE BE LIGHT"

We are blessed to be able to view such glorious sunrises. 

It was still quite early so there is a lot of play on the shadows and the lighting.  There was a fog coming in which really set off the colors and outlines of the trees.



a glorious sunrise


the wonders of light and shadows

I call the above photo THE WONDERS OF LIGHTS AND SHADOWS.  It was a totally awesome sunrise.

6 comments:

  1. Brenda12:39 PM

    Cathy, I would frame that 2nd one (they are both good) and also try to sell it to Hallmark! I LOVE that shot; it is very inspirational.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. How can you say there isn't a GOD!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brenda, Thank you. And inspired is how I felt when I looked out my office window and saw this glorious sunrise.

    Tractor Guy, I think you meant How can ONE say there isn't a God, because we sure are inspired by His presence. Did you get any photos of the tractor parade?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sure was an awesome sunrise Cathy...great catch with the lens!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOWZA! Your pictures are amazing ~ as in God's grace! I took a great sunset pic Sunday night while sitting around a campfire at Thom's cousins land in Illinois.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Retired One, sometimes it's just a case of being in the right place at the right time. I was fortunate on these shots.

    Cher' Shots, Thanks!!! Is your photo on your blog? I guess I can go look, right?!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive