Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Monday, August 09, 2010

NUTTIN' MUCH

There really hasn't been a whole lot going on the past couple of days except campground work and cleaning our lodging...and lots and lots of laundry.

Both cabins AND the Little Lodge all checked out on the same day and all were rented again that afternoon.  Poor Dan really had his work cut out for him getting everything ready.  I think I ended up with 9 loads of laundry that day.  When he gets done cleaning, he always has me go check to make sure everything is "just so".  I'm sure not too many guys would like to get a big pat on the back for their housekeeping skills, but he is VERY good at it...and he would MUCH rather be doing that than be in the office so it works out fine.  And this Friday, yep, that is Friday the 13th (pay no heed to that date, right??) everyone checks out on the same day again!  But, at this time, only one cabin rented Friday and the others on Sunday so it won't be quite the rush job (unless we get something rented between now and then)

So, without further delay, I thought I would share some guest questions with you.  Please realize these are meant in good fun, although it may not come across that way!  And yes, these questions really DO exist!

QUESTION 1;
We want to make reservations but we don’t know our dates yet. Would you have full hook ups available? What is the latest we could let you know?   OK, so do you see MY dilemma with this??  HOW can I know if I have full hook ups available if the person doesn't know what their vacation dates are  yet?  In answer to the question, "what is the latest we could let you know?", my answer is "As soon as possible".

QUESTION 2;
I see your website says the cabins sleep a maximum of 4. If we had 5 people would that be a problem?  My problem with this question is that the website STRESSES in BOLD print that the cabins sleep a maximum of 4 or 3 if you don't want to share a bed and the Little Lodge sleeps a max of 6, or 5 if you don't want to share a bed.  Yep, anything above that number would be a problem.  Not sure what part isn't understood.

QUESTION 3;
I see you don’t allow pets in your lodging but pets are allowed in the campground.  Our dog is only about 10 pounds and is very well behaved. Could we bring him if we rent a cabin?  Are the cabins IN the campground(To myself; I’ve heard THAT before…that is why we no longer allow pets in our lodging or the yards around our lodging. Even a 10 pound dog can have a lot of “output” when a person doesn’t clean up after the critter!) No, sorry, that means NO pets allowed in our lodging, which covers the cabins and the Little Lodge, regardless of size.

Question 4;
We’ve heard from friends there is a lot of geocaching in the area. Can you tell us where to go? Boy, that 2nd sentence is a leading question...can I tell you where to go??  SMILE, I AM joking!!  Note to self, I don’t know a lot about geocaching to begin with but I THOUGHT part of the fun of geocaching was in figuring out where you are supposed to go???

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:01 PM

    My favorite of all time. To a Park Ranger: When does a deer become an elk?

    You can't fix stupid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you are keeping track of all of these statements. You could write a book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everybody thinks they are the exception, don't they? You should keep a log of these questions, other campground owners would get a kick out of them and be able to relate to them for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous, I have heard that one before too! And I've had people argue with me that there are elk in the U.P!

    SBW, GEES, don't let Dan hear you say that! He's been after me for 19 years to write a book about owning this park!

    Retired One...sometimes I have a hard time not laughing and end up covering the phone and pretending to cough.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive