Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Friday, August 06, 2010

MAKING MY DAY

I am always tickled pink when I actually get to meet one of my Yooper Yarn readers and it is always very interesting to find out where that person or persons is/are from. I’ve had readers from Arizona who have stopped by and introduced themselves (one even sent a certificate of appreciation for my reporting on the Sleeper Lake Fire). I’ve had others who have read about our love for home grown, farm fresh brown eggs and have brought me eggs (INCLUDING BLUE, or were they green, EGGS!).


I was totally surprised when I found out the CEO of a company in New York read my blog (again, about the shower curtain escapade and yes, they did make a refund in case you forgot). But today, I’ve got a nice couple here who I found out have read my blog and have viewed my photos. You know I don’t give out personal info about guests so I’ll just say they are from an area probably 600-800 miles east of here.

I don’t think he found our park as a result of my blog but I think he found the blog as a result of our park. Hey, however it worked out, we’re glad they decided to spend some of their vacation time “with us” and that they have viewed bits and pieces of Yooper Yarns.

So that is one thing that has made my day.

Another thing that has made my day is some very nice reviews about Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins. Yes, I could really toot our horn and copy them here but instead I’ll give you the link and if you’d like you can check them out for yourselves. Go to http://www.rvparkreviews.com/ Once there, click on the state of Michigan and then scroll down to Newberry and click on that.

Once the Newberry page comes up you will see reviews for us as well as two other area parks. The pages can change daily depending on how many people actually write a review, so when you get to the end of our list of reviews, there is a link that you can click to read our older reviews. You should really go on and read those…especially the ones that only gave us a 5.

Sometimes I don’t check those reviews for weeks at a time because ya just don’t know what someone might have to say…thankfully the GOOD reviews outweigh the “bad” reviews.

But for those of you who camp, this is a good place to read others opinions but keep in mind that some people are just hard to please and what might have been “upsetting” to that person might be something another person finds “appealing”.

(One of the reviews is from someone who stayed in the Little Lodge. You will read the rate was $10. She said she tried to put in $110 but it wouldn’t take it so it shows up as $10 for the nightly rate. All of our rates are on our website at http://www.northcountrycampground.com/ but the nightly rate for the Little Lodge, before room taxes, is $105)

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:02 AM

    We have stayed in your Little lodge before and it is very nice. We were winter guests about 3 years ago. The comments are impressive!
    Jack and Sally from "down below"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jack and Sally, We appreciate the kind words about the Little Lodge. Hopefully you are still snowmobiling someplace in the winter months!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cathy, How nice to meet a reader and for them to see your campgrounds in person. That's pretty cool.

    Congratulations on the reviews!!!

    Happy weekend, jj

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joanna, It IS always nice to meet a reader! And thanks for the congrats! It seems the person who blogged about us having "too many rules" didn't scare everyone off!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive