Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Friday, August 27, 2010

COUNTING THE DAYS

We're THIS close to ordering our new home on wheels!!!  We have to order it by the end of the month in order to have it by the time we leave in October! 

And that date is creeping up on us!  So much to get done between now and when we close October 17th and then a LOT to do between then and when we have to head downstate to pick up our new 5th wheel a couple of days later.  It is beginning to keep me awake nights.

Actually what is keeping me awake nights now is trying to get in touch with the business that we have relied on for years for well service and plumbing needs.  I want to give a shout out to AL SAUNDERS AND SON of Curtis, Michigan.  They pretty much do it all; from trenching to putting in wells to winterizing a system to close down for the season.  I've been trying to contact them off and on through out this month but haven't had any luck so I am hoping that they are on a well deserved, extended vacation...some place fabulous with balmy breezes!  There is maybe one or two other businesses in the area that might do this same kind of work (the winterizing and shutting down a system for winter) but we rely on Al.

Hard to believe that this weekend is the last Lumberjack Breakfast/festival of the season!  The 3rd Saturday of September is the Fiddler's Jamboree which is held at the American Legion in Newberry.

And it is very hard to believe that Labor Day is right around the corner, although it is "late" again this year.  With that in mind, we ended up with a large family group of 13 RV'ers and 5 tenters that had to cancel their Labor Day stay with us (Grandpa is in the hospital and it doesn't look promising), so as I am writing this, I still have water and electric sites and 6 tent sites open for over Labor Day.  All the full hook ups are reserved.  We DO have a dump station and very clean bathroom and showers.  So, if you are still finalizing your Labor Day plans, consider a stay with us!  Please call or email for information or reservations.  906-293-8562 or northcountrycampground@gmail.com.  Hope we can be a part of your plans!

8 comments:

  1. How exciting about your new 5th wheel. We absolutely are loving our 5th wheel. We're planning on Florida for January. But I've gotten too many chances to work to that more time than that. So it's good that I have work but in cuts into my fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brenda, we are VERY excited about it but it is going to be a rush situation getting everything "coordinated" (story on that later). Hope you get your trip to Florida!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:27 AM

    We thought about coming up that for for Labor Day but maybe we'll stay with you next season. Do you have any photos of your new home on wheels? Maybe you already posted them and I missed them??

    Jan in Cadillac

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jan, I don't remember seeing you post before, so welcome and we wished it would have worked out that you could make a trip up to stay with us! I can't remember if I have posted photos or not, but I can easily remedy that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wasn't sure if you were going to go in October to your "new" jobs with your health problems..so glad to hear things are back on track!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am HAPPY for you for your new FW!
    Glad you are doing better.Enjoy your count down.I have decided to gut out the truck camper and put the stuff in a semi van trailer.It would be like a Extreme toy hualer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tractor Guy, We're excited about it!! An Extreme Toy Hauler...or ETH for short! Sounds like a plan!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Retired One, yep, still planning on it. My hopes is the ENT Dr won't find anything unusual however, my ear still isn't normal. When I lay on that side, it sounds like bacon sizzling in my ear!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive