Thanks to my blogger friend at the Fifty Factor, who always puts ideas in her readers heads, I decided to do my OWN 84 THINGS.
Since I've pretty much bared my soul to you the past several years, it was hard to come up with things that you may not know about me! Hope you aren't too bored!
1. I’m left handed, left footed and left eyed...except when playing pool, golf or using shears. Then the OTHER side of my brain takes over.
2. I’m not tall enough for my weight.
3. I met Tony Marvin (Arthur Godfrey’s side-kick) when I was about 4 years old. Let’s just say he probably wasn’t as impressed as I was. He got off a plane at the Battle Creek airport, I recognized him and ran to him like we were old chums!
4. I couldn’t ride my bike without my training wheels till I was almost 8 years old.
5. I embarrassed my parents quite a bit as a child. One memory comes to mind; a waitress with short sleeves on who hadn’t shaved under her arms in forever. I practically yelled “Look at all that hair dog under her arm!” (Yep, I said HAIR dog, not dog hair! And NO, we weren’t in some foreign country…although I’m sure my parents wished we were)
6. I hate to wash dishes but even worse than that, I hate drying them.
7. I love roller coasters…all kinds of them, but I’m not crazy about a ferris wheel.
8. I never did get so I could diagram sentances. Made no sense to me at all.
9. I flipped a mean old teacher “the bird” behind his back, but my very favorite teacher saw me do it. I was mortified. I wrote her a letter of apology and explained why I was so mad at him…it was on behalf of a fellow student…9th grade, what did I know??
10. Math was not required beyond the 9th grade…and I did not take it ever again.
11. I love accounting.
12. I met Buck Barry and held his “6 shooter” when I was about 10 (anyone my age who lives/lived in southern Michigan might remember Buck Barry)
13. I’ve never dyed my hair, but I have frosted it.
14. I love the old horror movies, not necessarily the ones today that are all blood and gore.
15. The last time I went trick or treating I was 16 and dressed up as a hippy (even though that WAS the era I grew up in!)
16. My Dad and I were the official photographers of the Miss Michigan Pageant many years ago.
17. I tried smoking when I was 13…I think I had a total of 5 cigarettes over the course of two months.
18. I wanted to get a PhD in Sociology.
19. I also, at age two, wanted to be a helicopter when I grew up.
20. I LOVE to play games; Scrabble, Greedy, Uno- Rummy up, Spinners are my favorites.
21. I can type over 160 words per minute…if I use two sheets of carbon paper…otherwise I can do about 80 with occasional gusts up to 90. Does anyone even remember carbon paper??
22. I LOVED Journalism class; hated Economics class.
23. My Dad had Sam the Sham and the Pharaohs call me one night. He was the photographer for a birthday party they were having. I also got a piece of the birthday cake and an autographed picture of Sam the Sham.
24. I didn’t learn to drive a stick shift until I needed to get to the hospital to have a C-section and couldn’t find my husband…I had to go looking for him.
25. I love to dance, dance, dance….although I doubt my knee would take it right now!
26. I love loud classical music. Preferably things like the 1812 Overture, Night on Bald Mountain, In the Hall of the Mountain King, The Sorcerer’s Apprentice.
27. Don’t like the opera, but I like Ava Maria
28. LOVE the 50’s, 60’s and some 70’s music, but still listen to some stuff done today.
29. I use to get so tan my mother didn’t want to be seen with me.
30. I have a 3 year old mosquito bite that looks terrible and I am going to see the dermatologist about it in October. I have 4 or 5 other bites that are doing the same thing and they are about a year old…strange, huh?
31. I was the 2nd youngest one in my class.
32. My first car was a 1966 Chevy Bellaire which I had painted metal flake blue.
33. I miss my long, curly hair.
34. I had an Amish boy come “courting” me when I was in 6th or 7th grade. He actually came visiting with his horse and buggy. We had a lot of Amish neighbors…but he lived a good distance away. Mom and Dad never let me forget that.
35. I didn’t learn to swim until I was about 11.
36. I had a pet chicken named Jenny.
37. I use to have a HUGE fear of electrical fences.
38. I don’t drink much pop. I’m a water drinker.
39. I still miss my morning coffee.
40. I use to be kind of artistic but don’t have the patience or time for it anymore.
41. I don’t like gardening, but I LOVE farm work.
42. I love the smell of new mown hay.
43. I love to hear children, especially babies, giggle.
44. I never got very good at roller skating but use to go to the skating rink on Saturday nights (between the ages of 12-14.…ulterior motives.)
45. I am a very sentimental person.
46. I can’t watch movies about animals that I know are going to be sad or the animal is in danger (even though I know in my heart it isn’t necessarily real or true).
47. I cry over some movies and some books.
48. I’m afraid of pigs that grow up to become hogs!
49. I love to watch calves play and lambs play.
50. I love the smell of puppy breath.
51. I can wiggle my little toe on each foot without wiggling any of the others.
52. I can wiggle my ears too.
53. I got to fly a plane when I was 13 years old…not very far, but far enough that it scared my sister who was in the back seat of the 4 seater screaming “We’re all going to die!”
54. As a baby, I almost died of septicemia and no one ever figured out how I got it.
55. I don’t handle stress like I use to.
56. I had a close encounter (about 12’ behind me) with a bull elk in the woods at Pigeon River State Forest near Vanderbilt, Michigan.
57. I’ve never had a ticket (now watch and see what happens since I have written that!)
58. I love red raspberries, especially for a pie!
59. I rode in the front seat of the Magnum XL200 10 times in a row (Cedar Point, 3rd week of September several years ago…it wasn’t very busy).
60. PEACH ICE CREAM IS MY FAVORITE!!! And of course you can’t find it anyplace anymore. Lemon ice cream is my 2nd favorite and ditto on finding it either!
61. I LOVE milk chocolate....not chocolate milk.
62. Snickers are my favorite candy bar.
63. Heath is my 2nd favorite candy bar.
64. I don’t like marshmallows; therefore I don’t like S’mores! Just give me the chocolate!
65. I was in the high school choir.
66. I can play the piano.
67. I wish I could play the banjo and a French horn, not necessarily both at the same time!
68. I’m getting tired of being polite to rude people.
69. I use to be able to play the drums.
70. Autumn and spring are my favorite seasons.
71. I love grits, especially with melted cheese mixed in.
72. I wouldn’t eat asparagus, cauliflower or broccoli until I met Dan.
73. I prefer leaf lettuce for sandwiches, but head lettuce for salads.
74. I’ve never been in a canoe!
75. I love to tent camp.
76. I’m afraid of bugs that are bigger than a quarter or if they have pinchers or long antennas.
77. I’m afraid of the dentist so therefore I take good care of my teeth!
78. I wish I had a big, expensive telescope so I could look at the night time sky.
79. I love butternut squash, mashed up.
80. I’m pretty good at shootin’ baskets.
81. I’m competitive.
82. I LOVE rice.
83. I love a cold piece of apple pie with a cold glass of skim milk.
84. My penmanship is horrible.
There, I have REALLY let you into my life!
- Cathy Clementz
- A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!