Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Monday, July 26, 2010

WHERE DOES THE TIME GO??

As I stated in a post a few days ago, hard to believe that July is almost over!

In talking with some parents, some Michigan kids will be heading back to school in less than a month.  These kids go to private schools (such as a Lutheran school).  Of course when you ask the kids if they are counting the days, the answer is NO, but they are all anxious to catch up with their friends.  Can you even remember that feeling?  Or going school clothes shopping?  Making sure you had plenty of paper and # 2 pencils?  Got your ruler? Protractor?  Do they even use a protractor any more???

And with July almost over, that means Dan and I are that much closer to our new 'dream home on wheels'.  We've got about 85 days prior to us leaving and heading for Georgia.  If our 5th wheel hasn't sold by then, we will fill it up with our stuff, haul it down to GENERAL RV , trade it in on our new dream home, take all the stuff out of the "old" 5th wheel, put it in the NEW 5th wheel and away we will go!  Otherwise, if we sell it out right between now and then, we will make a trip down there to pick up the new one, haul it back, fill it up and then head south.  Plans are already made with the caretaker to take care while we are gone!  Dan's already scheduling, in his mind anyway, when he's going to start cutting wood and splitting it (after Labor Day), we're figuring out what we will take this year that we didn't take last year and what we WON'T take this year that we DID take last year.  We like to be organized!

For my camper readers, just some info for you for next camping season....1st thing is, we will still honor Passport America but it will only be for May, June and September.  Same holiday restrictions and special event restrictions will apply.  2nd thing is that we have splurged and purchased a small ad with Trailer Life in order to become a Good Sam park.  I'm not sure how much this will help us considering you first have to purchase an ad, then pay an additional $295.00 to become a Good Sam Park in order to offer Good Sam members a 10% discount.  There are a LOT of Good Sam parks in lower Michigan, but I think only 3 or 4 in the U.P.  Oh, and you also have to have a good rating with Trailer Life in order to become a Good Sam park.  We always get a STAR beside our cleanliness rating which means a LOT to many campers.

My daughter ended up in the Battle Creek hospital last night.  Her boyfriend had called earlier in the day to let me know she was really sick and had been throwing up about every 25 minutes (no fever).  They were trying to get in touch with my sister (my daughter's Aunt) who is a nurse, so I KNEW it was bad if my daughter was that concerned.  I guess it was about 10:30 last night when he called to tell me that they were at the hospital and she had an IV (dehydrated) and blood work as being done.  I haven't heard anymore since then so I'm kind of a nervous Nellie this morning.

Well, I've got to get Dan around to run some errands this morning.  Poor guy doesn't get a break!

5 comments:

  1. I hope your daughter is okay! Was it food poisoning or the flu?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shelley, they are leaning towards food poisoning which is odd because she and he both ate the same things! Thanks for the well wishes. Doesn't matter how old your kids are, they are still your kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Cathy, I sincerely hope your daughter is okay. I'm sending healthy vibes her way.. yours too.

    The new RV plans sound exciting! I can't wait to hear all about your next winter adventure.

    And for the record, I have never, ever used a Protractor since school. But I have used "back to school" as a shopping excuse to buy a new outfit even though I graduated a hundred years ago.

    Keep us posted on your daughter.
    xo jj

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joanna, thanks so much for the vibes! It is greatly appreciated. We are very anxious to start our winter adventure!! I never thought of using back to school as an excuse to buy anything, at least not SINCE school! Thanks for that idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. sfeutz7:06 PM

    I think Good Sam was a good move for you guys. When we have traveled with our camper we always look first for a Good Sam park. Not really for the discount but because we know they have good standards for cleanliness, etc. Most have been excellent!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive