Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Saturday, July 24, 2010

WHEN THE RAIN COMES

It is hard to believe that July is almost over!  And that it is getting darker earlier and staying dark later!!  Makes for better sleeping, right?

So, we've got rain today.  When a guest asked me this morning if I knew what the weather report was for the day,  I told him "40% chance of rain".  He replied "Then that means there is a 60% chance it won't rain!"  I LOVE an optimist!!

But the rain brings out the adventuresome spirit, especially in little boys.  Mud puddles to stomp in and young trees to stand under and shake so that the raindrops fall off and get you even wetter.

Dan and I were watching these two young boys having fun after one of rain storms was over.  They would both stand near or under a  young tree and the oldest boy would grab the trunk and shake the tree so the wet leaves would shower them with more rain.  They'd gone to several trees and shook the rain drops off the leaves.  You could hear them laughing and giggling; just having a good time.  They came to the next tree and they both gave it a good shake...and it broke off at the bottom!!  You should have seen the look on their little faces!  If that wasn't funny enough, it was even funnier to watch them try to put the tree back together and make it stay upright.  The youngest one finally said "We better get back to the camper!" and away they went.  The tree was a young, half dead poplar tree so they didn't really do anything wrong but they thought they were in trouble!

Poor little guys, trying to put timber back together....

8 comments:

  1. Tree shaking in the rain. I've never heard of that one before :-)

    Stay dry Cathy. Hope you're feeling good.

    And stop by, I have a new giveaway.
    xo jj

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kids can really entertain themselves, huh??!! I WILL stop by! I was going to do it earlier today and got side-tracked.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:38 PM

    To think only a couple of days ago you were upset(?) because two boys were down the road "shaking "things and putting water on the ground.
    SORRY I couldn't pass that up. gg

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous, HA! You are right, but at least THESE youngin's had their hands on TREES!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gary H.9:18 AM

    "When the rain comes" - lyric line from "Rain" by The Beatles. And, if I'm correct, it's from 1966 and the flip side of the "45" with "Paperback Writer".

    Boys do shake the darnedest things.......LOL !!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gary, Yep! You got it!! And yep, flip slide of Paperback Writer! I'm glad to know it isn't just MY thinking about boys and their shaking things!! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  7. we spent the weekend at a state park near our house, and I think I must have changed my 4 yr old's clothes at least twice each day...there was two HUGE puddle in the field between us and the playground and all the youngsters were having a ball!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amy, I don't envy you all of that laundry!!! But sounds like everyone had a great time!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive