Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

MOLEST A MOSQUITO

Just let me eat my burrito....

You may wonder what one has to do with the other.  My song aficionados will know.

But, it also is a SLIGHT segway into our favorite food...ANYTHING MEXICAN!  We ordered burritos for take out last night.  Dan wolfed his down like he hadn't eaten in a week (and then he says "I don't want to see a burrito for a while")..yeah, right.  I ate about 3/4 of mine and saved the rest for lunch today.

And today was errand and grocery day so I bought the makings for tostadas.  I always make a double batch because any of the left overs will be good on nacho chips (which I also purchased).  We already had a 1/2 gallon jug of salsa on hand so this will be Mexican week here!!

But, with the temps today I don't think anyone will be doing much serious cooking.  I splurged on some deli potato salad and some deli Italian roast beef so our supper tonight will be sandwiches and potato salad.  AND they had ice cream on sale too.  Instead of $5.50 per container it was 2 for $7.  I got Dan his favorite of Butter Pecan and for me, I had a tough choice between double red raspberry frozen yogurt or some double chocolate turtle brownie...the chocolate won out.

There was some STUPID, INCONSIDERATE "lady" also getting the on sale ice cream.  ALL of the flavors were listed on individual sale tags on the outside of the glass door, but NO, she had to stand there with the doors open and look at each container.  She wasn't being inconsiderate to ME, but think how much energy she was wasting by doing that!!!   ARRGGHHHH.....

I have about another 5 days of my meds and hopefully that will be the end of it.  My ear is slightly plugged yet but it much better.  And as far as my daughter, the Battle Creek hospital couldn't tell if it was a gastro-intestinal something or other or food poisoning.  They didn't get home to Athens till almost 2:30 a.m.  She said she sat and waited for about an hour before even being taken to a room....and they were the only ones in the waiting area.  Then another 30 minutes before anyone came back to see her.  She was still pretty sick and sore yesterday from whatever it is/was but did try to go to work this morning.  She didn't know if she'd make it through the whole day or not.

If it wasn't for this nice breeze, it would be pretty unbearable for us wimpy Yoopers!  It is about 86 degrees and only expected to get down to 68 tonight.  Thursday is only expected to be in the upper 60's for a high....looking forward to that!!!

Hope all is well in your corner of the world!!

6 comments:

  1. sfeutz7:08 PM

    I knew there was something about Dan that I liked. . butter pecan ice cream is the best! He has good taste in what tastes good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Doors
    Full Circle
    "Mosquito"
    1972
    Glad to hear your daughter is doing better!Ice Cream sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandy, he had about 3 scoops of his ice cream last night and never found even one pecan!

    Tractor Guy, Yep the Doors! Daughter is still having problems and we're beginning to wonder if it is her appendix.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:14 AM

    Cathy just wondering where a good place in Newberry is to get Mexican take out...Timber Charlies?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous, Timber Charlie's is where we get our burritoes. The only problem that we have with getting them to go is when they are put in the styrofoam containers, wax paper is put in the container first and then the burrito is placed on top of it. It is hard to eat the burrito without eating wax paper. Don't know if there is a fix to that or not...or if you don't eat the wax paper you don't get all of your cheese or the burrito wrap.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear about your daughter getting sick while there, I know you were looking forward to her visit. We aren't much for Mexican food..but I love tacos, quesidillas and nachos..that's a start, right? Paul will only eat a plain chicken or steak taco from Taco Bell...although when we travel to Mexico, he does eat some of their stir fry stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive