Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Monday, July 05, 2010

IN A FEW DAYS

I hope in a few days I will be back to "normal".

I finally caved in and went to the Dr yesterday.  Yep, go see the Dr on July 4th.  I felt badly that there were nurses and staff and the Dr having to work on a holiday but I was glad they were there.

After the Dr looked in my ear she said she was amazed I wasn't screaming in pain.  It didn't really hurt that bad but the pressure in my ear was driving me nuts!  As was the fact I couldn't (can't) talk and just feeling plain miserable.

I used the "Insta-meds" machine at the hospital, got my drugs and headed home.  I am feeling a bit more human today and can't wait till I am back to my old self.

And I know Dan can't wait for that either.  Between the time I started out spring on crutches, then had the knee surgery about 3 weeks ago and then getting this "cold", Dan has been doing a LOT of extra stuff and has put in some very long hours.  We've always taken turns with the morning duties and the evening duties in the campground.   I've always gone out to check/clean the bathhouse bright and early in the morning (while he could catch a few more Z's) then he would do it as many times during the day as was needed and would put the finishing touches on in the evening after quiet time.  He's been doing all of it.  He's been helping out in the office, doing all the mowing...just pretty much doing it all.  AND I FEEL SO GUILTY!!!

Fred and Laura make sure we are getting decent meals (I just wish I could taste the food!  I know it has to be good but I have no taste!!).  They made supper for us again last night and there is enough for another meals worth.  So the cooking has been taken care of, and I manage to get the dishes done once a day...now I need a maid for the rest!  I'm sure not going to ask Dan to do it!  I know he would, but he's already burning the candle at both ends.

So, if ya don't hear from me in a couple of days, I'm sure it's because I'm feeling better and am trying to get the housework caught up! 

Hope you had a safe 4th!!

3 comments:

  1. Oh honey, enough already! I hope you are on the mend and feeling good VERY soon.
    xo jj

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joanna, thanks for the well wishes. I'm not use to being sick so I don't handle it well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh I feel so bad for you Cathy. I am sending you big {{hugs}} and for Dan too. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive