Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

HOMEWARD BOUND

My baby girl (age 37) and her boyfriend left about 30 minutes ago to start the 8 hour drive back to lower Michigan.  Maybe by the time they get home, I will have gotten rid of the lump in my throat and the tears in my eyes.

While most of my emotions ARE from the hugs and kisses goodbye, a good portion of my tears actually are from happiness.  With the help of extra pain meds while they were here, she actually had a wonderful time and was able to spend quite a bit of it out doors.  They kayaked for 5 hours down the Tahquamenon River, drove up to the Mouth of the Two Hearted River, went to the Lower Falls, and on up to the Great Lakes Shipwreck Museum (which by the way does NOT cost $20 per person for admittance, but $12. per person...remember a couple of weeks ago about the grumpy guy who said Michigan is a rip off state??).  From there they meandered to Iroquois Point Lighthouse.

Some of the things she DID remember doing as a kid when she and I made a trip up here (when I use to live downstate and before I met Dan).  She slept 100% better and was de-stressed...until she started thinking about all the work waiting for her when she returns to work.  There is no one to do her job, so she will have a "mess" to catch up with.

So Dan and I are so very happy that she was able to actually enjoy life for 5 days.

I am headed back to the Dr on Thursday.  My sore throat started coming back again two days after my meds were gone, so I started on Zicam which helped (it always does).  BUT I thought I better stop taking it as of last night and see if my cold (or whatever it is) comes back or my throat starts to look strange before I have my appointment.  Maybe he will do a culture if my throat looks funny.  Still can't hear out of my right ear very well.  But I DO feel better!!

2 comments:

  1. there must be a bug going around cause my sis in law is having the same symptoms as you...she's headed to the doc today cause her ear is so plugged...hope you get to feeling better soon, my friend....Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, good thing your sis went to the Doc. Hope she will be OK. I just hope I didn't infect my daughter while she was here!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive