Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Thursday, July 08, 2010

HAVE YOU EVER NOTICED

No matter what TV channel you switch to, there is a commercial on.

That there are sometimes at LEAST 6 (wasted) pages of paper at the beginning of a book with nothing written on them

That brushing your teeth will make the phone ring

That bald men have shiny scalps?

That grass and weeds grow more quickly around fence posts. It really isn’t a case of the grass is always greener over the septic tank.

That sometimes you have to bite your tongue before answering a question (example: What does this sign mean, “THIS IS A BOOK EXCHANGE, NOT A BOOK BORROW”. Does that mean I can’t borrow a book?)

I’ve noticed these things…and a few others but I’d like you to share your “have you ever noticed” with the rest of us!

Then there is Murphy’s Law(s). One of our guests this week was a living, walking version of Murphy’s Law. I felt sorry for the man and his wife. It seems like nothing was going right for them with their new RV. They had some issues with it before they left home and had issues with it while here.


The first thing that happened was Dan noticed a lot of grease on one of the wheels on their trailer. So everyone figured it had to do with a bearing. They were going to be here for 3 nights so would worry about it once they left and headed westward. They would be going through Escanaba where there is an RV dealer who should have been able to help them. The more this couple thought about it, the more they decided they really didn’t want to drive that far with this problem. I made a couple of phone calls and got them hooked up with Great Lakes Trucking in Newberry and sent them on their way.

BUT before they left, they had made a trip to the dump station to empty their holding tanks. Before they even got to the dump station, they heard an awful crash, clunk. He thought he had run over something. His grey water holding tank had dropped right off from under the trailer!!! Fortunately he did NOT run over it and was able to slide it/carry it the rest of the way to the dump station and get it emptied. We were all very glad it wasn’t his black water (toilet) tank! I just hope he makes it back home safely!

So, tell us, what has been your worst Murphy’s Law debacle?

(BTW, I no longer feel like I have the mumps but my ear is still plugged.  I AM getting better!!)

3 comments:

  1. We are fixing the guest house across the street from us...it has been one Murphy's law after another...but not US..the building inspector has been awful to us and our contractor! Oh well...this too will pass! ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gary H.10:11 AM

    LOL....my son's brake job today !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw a sign that said" Welcome home for the blind" but it wasn't in braille.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive