Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Thursday, July 22, 2010

DON'T LOOK ETHEL!!!

Dan and I had a few moments to call our own yesterday so we were sitting on the deck, watching the world go by.

Shortly, a van pulled up beside the entrance to our campground (but off the road) and a boy, probably about age 12 got out of the passenger side and another "boy" old enough to drive, got out of the driver's side.  The boy from the driver's side came running around the front of the van.  By now, Dan and I are very curious as to what they are up to.

The 12 year old started pulling the front of his shorts down and the older boy was standing beside our apple tree with his "thing" out.  Dan  yelled 'HEY!!'

The youngest boy about took his "thing" off trying to put it back but the older kid kept right on doing what he was doing.  I yelled "There is a cop camping here and he'd have a good time with this!" 

The older boy FINALLY ran around and got back in the driver's seat and they took off!  IT TAKES ALL KINDS!!!!

I had my Dr appointment today and I'm on more meds.  He HOPES this will finally take care of it but just in case he gave me refills so I don't have to come back again.  I usually go to the Dr ONCE A YEAR!  I've been to the Dr. 3 times in less than 3 weeks!!!  And I didn't like their scales at all today.  I thought since my jeans were loser that was a good sign, but not according to THEIR scales!!!  I figure it must be the liquid behind my ear drum that is causing my weight to go up...retaining water don't ya know.

In case you are in the area this weekend, there is the Lumberjack Breakfast and old fashioned music, crafts and what not at the Logging Museum both Saturday and Sunday.  AND it is the Newberry Annual car show on Saturday.  AND it is also  Flat Track Racing at the Motor Sports Track on Saturday.  Lots of things going on this weekend!  Come join the fun!  We've still got a few campsites left and the Little Lodge is available.  Check us out at http://www.northcountrycampground.com/.

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:44 PM

    Don't boys in the UP have to pee?gg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeez, kids! Musta been raised in a barn ;-)

    Hope this last round of meds takes care of things for you Cathy. You're really had more than your share. Hope you're feeling better.
    jj

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gary H.1:55 AM

    That could put them on the state sex offenders list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous, I guess they do!!! But in front of everyone?? :-)

    Joanna, I hope so too! I DO feel better but I'm still very tired and I don't like that!

    Gary, It's one thing if they would have gone into the woods, but to stand right there where they could be seen....and they obviously are old enough to know better. Boys will be boys???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8:38 AM

    Gee, like there isn't a area around there that they could have stopped........that would have had a little more cover ?????

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  6. wilson9:36 AM

    "don't look ethel" are words from the song "the streaker" from way back... i think...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous Dave, one would think they could have made it another 4 1/2 miles to a gas station.

    Wilson, Yep, The Streak!

    Tractor Guy and a YEP to you too!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive