Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Wednesday, July 07, 2010

CALGON, TAKE ME AWAY!!!!

I don't even know if they still make Calgon, but that was their tag line.  Do you ladies remember it??  For those not familiar with it, the commercial involved a very stressed out woman who just couldn't wait for the end of the day and she would scream "Calgon, take me away!!"  Next thing you'd see her in a big bathtub full of fluffy bubbles and you are supposed to imagine how nice and feminine the Calgon scented bathwater is.  Of course, she is all DE-stressed by the time she steps into that tub.

I would rather have had a Calgon bath instead of making a return trip to the Drs office (another $94.50).  My ear hasn't gotten any better.  At least I can speak without hacking my head off and I no longer sound like a rubber ducky.  But my ear has been a BIG issue. 

So, I got an Rx for a different antibiotic and some nasal spray that is supposed to help my Eustachian tubes (don't see how since I'm not supposed to inhale it that deeply!!).  He assured me I will start to feel relief by tomorrow evening.  I should have asked him to sign a contract to the effect that if I had to come back in a day or two that it would be FREE.

And, on top of that, I don't know what I did to cause it, but my knee is swollen up and pretty sore again.  I'd been getting along really well.  I still wasn't where I thought I should be but with my health issues, I'm just a slow healer and I have to learn to accept that.  So I'm back with the ice packs and pain pills for my knee.

With all that is going on, I have been so surprised that my BP was OK.  I figured it would be sky high (there's that song again!) but shoot, it was 106/76.  I'm told low BP is another "side effect" of low WBC.  My BP normally runs about 118/80 so this has been a big surprise for me that over the past two months of BP readings that it has been that low for all the readings. 

So, on with a different topic....

After talking with various business owners I've come to the conclusion that the 4th of July weekend was not at all what any of us had hoped it would be.  Even downstate campgrounds still had vacancies, but the one that really surprised me is a primitive State campground at the Mouth of the Two Hearted River.  This campground is EXTREMELY popular any time of year, but it is always full or very near full over a holiday.  THERE WERE ONLY 3 CAMPERS IN THAT CAMPGROUND OVER THE  WHOLE WEEKEND!  And when I called the Falls State park to let them know we still had sites available, I was told THEY DID TOO!  Makes me wonder where all those RV's went that were sold earlier this season! 

Remember how concerned I was that our neighbors would keep everyone awake setting off fireworks?  I asked Dan if my ear was so plugged up that I actually didn't hear any firecrackers or M-80's and he said that he hadn't heard any either!  HOO-RAY!!  So I guess I didn't have to worry about our guests being disturbed!

We received about an inch or a bit more of rain yesterday and it is extremely humid today.  Tomorrow, it is expected to cool off and about a 60% chance of rain.  Poor Dan can't keep up with the grass.  I told him next  year, IF we are still here, that we are going to have to hire someone to help with some of this "stuff". 

Hope all is well in your corner of the world!  All I am doing is waiting for my ear to pop open and the temp to cool off!

2 comments:

  1. Dan should buy a 6ft finish mower and put it on the Case. Hope your ear and knee get better soon. take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, Cathy..I am "backreading" blogs from being so far behind...and I keep hoping I will read one that says you are all better....but instead am reading all your troubles. I feel so bad for you two. I swear, if we lived closer I would come over and help Dan with the campground chores or be your nurse to help you feel better...but alas...our summer has been either company or spending every second finishing the old house across the street from us...we have been pecking away at it for years and decided this is the summer when we would finally finish it. WE will probably rent it out as a "weekly" rental to folks who want to stay by our lake. It is almost done...put the well in yesterday (cha-ching!). ha

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive