Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Sunday, June 13, 2010

WHAT MAKES YOU TICK?

First of all, I need to tell you I feel like a new woman…a new woman who still has to wear UGLY, stretchy pants or sweats. I’m supposed to wear my ace wrap until the day I go to the Dr. But it feels SO good to get that hunk of wrap around gauze and bunch of dressings off those 3 little holes!!

So on with the show….


I’m going to ask a series of questions and I am going to give you my personal response. It would be interesting to see what you might post on the comment section for YOUR responses.

WHAT MAKES YOU LAUGH OUT LOUD?

Babies laughing, watching puppy’s at play,



WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE SOUND(S)?

Babies laughing. The sound of a roller coaster going up the first hill.



WHAT CAN’T YOU SAY NO TO?

Pretty much anything chocolate. And roller coasters. And not necessarily in that order.



IF YOU HAD $100 TO SPEND ON YOURSELF, HOW WOULD YOU SPEND IT?

I would probably FINALLY purchase my Opium perfume and if I had anything left over, I’d probably buy a Snicker’s bar and a mystery thriller book.



WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE MEAL TO EAT AT A RESTAURANT?

Breakfast



WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE TYPE OF FOOD?

Mexican (and put some chocolate on that fried ice cream, will ya??)



ARE YOU A MORNING PERSON OR A NIGHT TIME PERSON?

Definitely a morning person! The sand man starts beating on me around dusk so by dark, I’m headed for bed!



WHAT DID YOU WANT TO BE WHEN YOU GREW UP?

A helicopter. Seriously, when I was two that was what I wanted to be when I grew up. Obviously, that didn’t work out for me. When I got older, I wanted to get a PhD in Sociology…but that didn’t work out either! But, I’ve enjoyed the jobs I’ve had in my life and have been extremely fortunate to have had good jobs. Now, that I’m grown up, I want to be retired!



IF YOU HAD TO LEAVE YOUR HOUSE IMMEDIATELY, WHAT IS THE ONE THING YOU WOULD GRAB ON YOUR WAY OUT (ASSUMING YOUR LOVED ONES WERE RIGHT BEHIND YOU)?

Geez, just one? My camera (and my computers, my new bottle of Opium, the Snickers bar and the new book that I haven’t read yet)



IF YOU COULD BE ANY CARTOON CHARACTER, WHO WOULD YOU BE AND WHY?

Betty Boop because I like her style and her cute little figure!



WHAT SONG BEST DESCRIBES YOU WHEN YOU FIRST WAKE UP IN THE MORNING?

Good day Sunshine (Beatles)



IF ONE SONG TITLE WOULD DESCRIBE YOUR LIFE, WHAT WOULD IT BE?

Hit me with your Best Shot



WHAT IS YOUR GREATEST FEAR?

That I wasn’t a good Mom.



WHAT IS YOUR GREATEST ACCOMPLISHMENT?

My daughter.


So, FIRE AWAY!!! Pick out a couple or more than a couple and give us your answers? And if you enjoy this “game”, let me know and we’ll do it again sometime.

6 comments:

  1. a good joke, birds singing, ford tractors, tractor parts, breakfast, meat(ham), morning, truck driver, bible, goofy(laidback), under the blue tarp (tractor guy), convoy(c.w. mccall), being involed in a fatal accident with my semi truck, being married to my wife for 25yrs,june 14th. p.s. glad you are doing better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd answer the questions, but when the pop up comes up, I can't see them to list them and then answer them...ha And my memory doesn't remember them..ha Maybe ask one per post and then we can start there?
    My favorite sounds:
    bubbling brooks, coffee perking, bacon frying, babies giggling, a loon's call, my husband whispering I Love you, my grandkids saying: "I love you gramma!", the sound of a pan flute, birds chirping, the sound of my hubby sleeping beside me, a waterfall's roar, soft chimes, the sound of my baby's first cry when they were born, baby hiccups, the sound of a champagne bottles cork when it pops...there are sooo many sounds that I love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job. Those are great questions--

    I'll answer favorite sound-- The laughter of children or grown girlfriends, the words "I love you", the school bell on the last day of the year, that big sigh I hear from hubby when he's enjoying a meal I prepared and my mom's voice on the other end of the phone.

    And the food question-- Chocolate, always chocolate.

    Glad yo hear you are feeling better. Hang in there!

    xo jj

    ReplyDelete
  4. sfeutz10:06 PM

    Hi Cathy- I'll try to answer those questions- But I've been out of town a few days and you have posted beautiful flower pictures and had your knee operated on! Amazing lady,you are! Love the pictures and so glad you are doing so well with the knee thing. . Take care and hope you are as good as new soon. . Hugs, Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tractor Guy, I especially like your last answer! Congrats on that and sorry we couldn't be a part of your anniversary celebration by having those roses delivered here!!

    Retired One, did you know you can move this pop up window so you can see what is underneath? If you want to know how, email me and I'll tell ya. You DO have a lot of sounds that make you happy! Some of those I hadn't thought of. I just put the first two that came to mind.

    Joanna, Hey, the school bell on the last day of school! THAT'S a good one! You have lots of wonderful choices too!

    Sandy, I'm headed to your blog as soon as I'm done here! Thanks for the well wishes! Don't know as I'm so much amazing as desperate to get rid of the knee pain!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gary H.8:56 AM

    Cathy, here are my answers by question #:

    1. Watching my dogs play, they're a riot.

    2. A helicopter, my boat motor and going northbound over the Mackinac Bridge !

    3. Chocolate and "Grampa, can I....".

    4. Taking wife out to dinner or a new rod & reel...lol.

    5. AYCE fish dinners UP north, they're usually walleye.

    6. Something cooked while camping !

    7. Morning AND evening....can't beat sunrises and sunsets.

    8. A pilot (bad eyes cut that short) or a french voyageur on the great lakes.

    9. Double check on wife and dogs, insurance is paid up on everything else.

    10. Superman, then I could fly to anywhere.....for FREE.

    11. Dazed & Confused - The Yardbirds or Led Zeppelin....lol

    12. Simple Man - Lynard Skynard

    13. That I can't help, if needed

    14. Haven't done it yet, I hope.

    This sure was long, but you asked for it....LOL !!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive