Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Friday, June 11, 2010

SMELLING THE FLOWERS

We have 5 of these "bushes" of plants/flowers. I use to know what they are called, but I can't remember; maybe one of you can post the answer??

Surgery went very well and I'm doing better than either one of us expected. I was able to be in the office, check people in, take reservations yesterday for periods of time. I'm getting around pretty well and don't have a lot of discomfort (but then that's what the vicodin is for!!).

The Dr DID find a tear in the meniscus and fixed that as well as cleaning up the junk floating around in my knee and smoothing off the edges...and it took (so I was told) about 15 minutes. When I get the bill, I'll let you know what it figures out to per minute!

And I am very comfortable in these sweat pants! You may recall that I'd never worn them before and I tell ya what, they are comfy!! I just don't like the way I look in them!

That's all for this time but I'll be back again sometime!! Take care and thanks for the emails and well wishes! I'm doing great!! (I need to take advantage of not being able to stand for long periods of time so Dan can do the dishes for a while!!)
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. So glad it went well and you aren't having much pain!
    Sorry I don't know the name of your bush...almost looks like a purple azalea, but not sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:06 AM

    The flowers are spiderwart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:07 AM

    the flowers are spiderwart

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gary H.12:29 AM

    Never knew that spiders got warts, poor little arachnids. Do they have their own formula of "Compound W" or do they use the same stuff everybody else uses.....LOL ! Actually, if that is what this plant is, it's spiderwort. Glad to hear your surgery turned out well, Good Luck with the recovery !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Retired one, as I said, I'm not a posy person. I DO know INSIDE houseplants but don't have much luck with the outside ones! Thanks for the well wishes!! Doing good so far, just stiff in the mornings.

    Anonymous, THANKS!!! I looked it up after you posted the answer and you are right!

    Gary, I would not get close enough to a spider to see if it HAD worts (warts)! Who'd want that kind of job??!! Thanks for the well wishes!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive