Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

NOT MUCH GOING ON

Oh-oh....I see I've lost a  public follower.  I can't tell who it is so my apologies to whomever left that I don't know who you are to even say good bye to ya.  But the others that visit me faithfully every day, even when I'm MIA YOU are appreciated!  And I KNOW you don't all publicize that you follow my blog but I'm always glad to see the visitor numbers increase steadily.

The past couple of days have not been good days.  I had so much pain yesterday I finally called the Dr to see if what I was experiencing was normal.  I wasn't able to do my at home therapy because it hurt so badly. It started on Monday when I had a lot of walking around to do when I ran my errands.  By yesterday, I was miserable and Vicodin wasn't helping at all.  Ice wasn't taking the swelling down and I felt like the skin on my knee was going to burst from being so tight.  I don't think I got to sleep till about 4 a.m. this morning.  Today is better....and I can hardly wait for bed time!  I am POOPED!!!  I should sleep like a log (just HOW does a log sleep anyway??).

But since there isn't much going on, I thought I'd share some "MAXINE-ISMS" that were sent to me today.  They all relate to camping.  Enjoy and have a laugh!~

ACCORDING TO MAXINE

I don't camp out overnight.  I figure snakes don't sleep in my room and I'm not going to sleep in theirs.

Pitching a tent is no problem.  I pitched mine and booked a motel room.

I've got a little canoeing song for ya "Row, row, row your boat, far away from me"

I always take something with me to avoid bear attacks.  Usually pepper spray or a slow uncle.

The great thing about bar-b-que is when you get hungry 3 hours later, you can just lick your fingers.


Hope all is well in your corner of the world!

5 comments:

  1. Wasn't me! I read your blog faithully and ... well .... almost daily. Hope your knee is better real soon! Trying to sleep through pain makes for an unhappy Cathy!
    Terry D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terry D, I appreciate that you are a faithful reader! I admit I am terrible the past couple of weeks of getting to the few blogs that I follow so I DO understand when people don't check in every day! But ya always wonder when someone leaves you "why?".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gary H.3:00 PM

    Although "unofficially", I too try to read your page every day. ;p

    ReplyDelete
  4. me to.hope your knee is better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet all this humidity is what is making your knee swell more while healing..so sorry you are having so much pain!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive