Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Tuesday, May 04, 2010

YA PUT YOUR LEFT FOOT IN...

I'm left handed.  Well, I'm left handed at most things.

I CAN eat right handed, but it isn't a pretty site.  I write left handed,  unless I have to write on a blackboard.  If that happens, then I have to write with my right hand.  If I write with my left hand on a blackboard, then as I am writing, I am also erasing everything I wrote.  Being a "leftie" I tend to write "upside down", so the side of my hand skims across whatever I just wrote (I erase chalk with that side of my hand and smear ink with it too).

The times that I have golfed (including miniature), I golf right handed.  I bat left handed.  I play pool left handed.  I use shears with my right hand.  And it doesn't end with just my "handiness".

I get dressed left handed (or left sided).  Left shoe on and off first, left leg into my jeans first, left arm into my sweatshirt first, but if I'm putting on a blouse, it is my right arm (don't have a clue why).  I'm left footed too so it is a blessing that horses are supposed to be mounted from the left side.  If I had to get on a horse from the right side, I'd be staring at the back end of the horse.  When I approach a curb or steps though, I have to start UP or down with my right foot (again, don't have a clue as to why).

So, why am I explaining all of this???  Because of trying to get myself hoisted up onto the loader a couple of days ago (while still favoring my right, swollen, sore knee).  When I get on the loader I always step up with my left foot (not like I am going up a curb or steps),  Then I bring my right foot up beside my left one on the "step", THEN I pull myself up onto the loader putting my weight on my right foot (and knee).  This was not working for me the other day but I was determined to get up there.

With Dan pushing on my considerable rear end and me pulling with all my might, I finally got both feet up onto the loader (hit my head first and saw a few stars).  Then I had to "wade" across the log chain that is on the floor of the loader, get my right knee under the wheel and around the "shifter" before I could plop down into the seat.  We were both exhausted by then!

I had cleaned out about 20 firepits before telling Dan I would take him up on his offer of ME driving the loader and HE would clean out firepits.  Pitchforks and shovels don't make good crutches after all.

Dan gladly finished the other 32 firepits and then it came time for me to get down off the loader.  If you thought getting on it was a trick, getting off it was a real hoot.  Dan and I were both laughing so hard it is a wonder both of us didn't end up on the ground.  But at least that is done for another year!!

See why we enjoy owning a campground??  When we don't have campers here, we still find ways to entertain ourselves!

(TRACTOR GUY....SORRY WE MISSED YOUR VISIT THE OTHER DAY!  WE WOULD HAVE LOVED TO HAVE MET YOU AND YOUR WIFE.  HOPEFULLY YOU WILL BE BACK THIS WAY AGAIN!)

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like it was more difficult than the Hokey-Pokey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SBW, So someone DID catch onto the title!!! Yep, it was a tad more difficult than that! Especially with us laughing so hard!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The two of you must have been quite a sight! Both in the Cathy "upload" and "download" modes! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can picture the two of you! Hope you had on Depends. hahaaa

    ReplyDelete
  5. That had to be a sight! Glad you made it up there and even better that you made it back down!
    Cheers,
    jj

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive