Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Monday, May 10, 2010

THE SWING OF THINGS; IT DON'T COME EASY

(Don't want any of you English teachers out there to think I've lost my grammar this morning, but part of the title is the name of a song)

I miss my morning coffee…yet. It has been such a long time; seems like time without end, but mornings like this, when Dan is still asleep and I’m sitting in the office at my computer, I miss reaching for my cuppa coffee and that gratifying taste. Sigh….


It is 23 degrees this morning! I checked the hummingbird migration map yesterday and they have been sighted over by the Soo and it appears like around Marquette. We haven’t seen any here yet, but I’ve still got my feeders hanging out side (frozen stiff this a.m.)


It is hard to get back into the swing of things after being gone all winter! We have an opening for the day and closing for the day procedure and it seems neither one of us can get it quite right. And it is very simple! I switch the light switch to the on position (it is located in the office) and that lights up our road sign light and American flag. I turn the answering machine from our daytime message to our nighttime message with a flick of another little switch. Dan locks the lobby door, moves the “nighttime board” in front of the lobby door (the board has info on as to what our rates are, what sites are available, etc) and then on the way back in, he is supposed to turn the light switch on for the driveway lights. In the morning, we reverse the procedure….easy, right? We are having a hard time getting it right!


Yesterday, Dan rototilled the volleyball court (it is all sand) and all of the sand under/around the playground. It always makes it look so much nicer and “unpacks” the sand to help make it safer.  He was pretty stiff and sore (plenty of back and leg pain) but it wasn't something I'd be able to do! 


You may have noticed some slight changes in my blog. I removed the slide shows and put them as links under LINKS. I haven’t had any new photos to share with you and it DOES take a while for everything to load, especially if you make a point of cleaning out your history, cookies, etc. So, the photos aren’t “gone”; you just need to click on one of the links to get to the various photo albums.


I’ve been trying in vain to “disassociate” our business email address from my blog and there isn’t any easy way to do it! Our business email is northcountrycampground@gmail.com . That is on our website and our advertising. I had the blog prior to having that email address so the blog lists my other email address of cclementz@lighthouse.net as a secondary email address. I didn’t realize when I got the northcountry address that it was going to attach itself to my blog…permanently!


I have been to the various Blogger help forums as well as to the Gmail help forums and there is NOT an easy solution. The ONLY solution that someone gave me is a link to very detailed instructions; instructions that would require a degree in engineering to accomplish it. I got about half way through those heavy duty instructions and got scared that I would totally mess up everything. It is very confusing to us lay type people. I even tried opening another gmail account thinking Google would associate that email with my other accounts and it would show up on my Blog THEN I could easily delete the other one. I CAN delete the cclementz@lighthouse.net but I don’t want that one disassociated from Yooper Yarns!!


When I found out that didn’t work, I tried to delete the NEWEST gmail address. I went through all the proper steps to get rid of it and then a page came up telling me that I had to contact Google (to that effect) because THAT new account was associated with another sign in name. Google does NOT make it easy AT all. This is going on the back burner for a while.

3 comments:

  1. Gary / Battle Creek8:50 AM

    "It Don't Come Easy" is a song written by Ringo Starr and/or George Harrison, performed and released by Ringo in November of 1973. I used to have the "45" of this. First time I've heard of rototilling sand, but makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gary, Yep, you got it!! I don't suppose many people would think of tilling sand, but it sure brings the sand up and makes the playground and v'ball court look nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean...that new "rejected" thing with loading pictures is so frustrating!!!! Luckily---I can still publish photos by following that URL tip that I got from the other blogger. Blogger just doesn't make anything easy, does it?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive