Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Friday, May 07, 2010

PRECIPITATION IN THE FORM OF SNOW???

Say it isn't so!!!

The Weather Wizards are still predicting rain and snow mix for this weekend!! It is cold and damp and my hives are bothering me.  It was a nice stretch with out having those things!!

Our park is open and ready for business.  SUPPOSEDLY we've got at least 4 campers expected to arrive on Monday (the weather could change that in a hurry!).  I think they are all from Michigan so if THEIR downstate weather is expected to be nicer than OURS, they may change their mind!!  If any of you are thinking of coming to camp, it currently is electric hook up only.  It is still too cold at night to bleach the water lines to the campsites and get them turned on.  We HOPE to be able to do that by mid week.

I had my knee MRI today and I see my orthopedist on the 12th.  IF it is a torn meniscus, I want to get it fixed ASAP.  Regardless of whether it is or is not, I most likely won't be able to put my ground level bird bath and fountain out this summer.  I clean it about twice a week (sometimes more often if necessary) and that involves being on my knees on the ground (I DO use one of those foam kneeling pads but right now my knee wouldn't bend that far anyway!).  Currently, the birds do have a terra cotta "bowl" that we keep fresh water in for them but it is so much fun to watch them play in the bird bath.

Dan and I both are ALMOST over our colds.  As soon as I felt my throat getting slightly scratchy, I started on the Zicam.  I swear by that stuff.  There have been times the past week I thought I was going to sneeze my tonsils out...and I normally sneeze like a cat (at least that is what Dan says!).

Hard to believe that this weekend is Mother's Day weekend.  Hopefully you Mom's out there have a special day or at least a day off!

Catch up with ya later!

6 comments:

  1. sfeutz4:58 PM

    Hi Cathy- The doctors thought I had a torn meniscus this winter but MRI proved not and it has healed by itself. But it was a long process. Are you doing physical therapy? That really helped mine in recovering. The whole thing was a pain in the knee and just no fun! Hope you are doing better soon. Hugs, Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandy, the only PT I'm doing is trying to walk every place I go! (Which with the weather isn't too far right now). I'm trying not to "baby it" but everyonce in a while, that knee gives way, like someone came up behind me and bent their knee into the back of my knee. As our mutual friend Kathy K said "It's hell to get old!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're getting snow accumulation as I type this ~ NOT HAPPY!
    Do take care of yourself and best of luck with your knee. 'hugs'

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am writing this on Saturday night..we are in Ann Arbor and it is barely 40 degrees with a hard cold wind that must bring it to 20 degrees with the windchill...so your downstate campers will not have any warmer weather here...we will hopefully make it home to the U.P. on Sunday evening. I heard we got snow. Good GRIEF!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cathy, My husband had surgery for a torn meniscus and it's the best thing he could have done. He was on his feet in no time and was playing tennis again in a matter of weeks. Nearly a year later he hasn't mentioned any problem with it at all.

    Hope your appointment in the 12th goes well.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cher, we ended up with about 1/2". It was pretty to look at....if it'd been NOVEMBER!

    Retired One, welcome back to Michigan!! I hope this means the little guy is doing better and is home!!

    Joanna, from what I've read it doesn't sound that bad (recovery I mean). And compared to the pain it has caused, (and probably could easily cause again), I am ready to have it done, even with a 20% co-pay!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive