Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

IT IS SOOOOO HOT....

HOW HOT IS IT??

It's so hot that I have found out (the hard way) that my seat belt buckle could be used as a branding iron.

You discover that it takes only 2 fingers to drive your car.

Hot water now comes out of both taps.

The toilets in the bathhouse no longer sweat (causing puddles of water on the floor) because the water in the toilet tank is a nice, warm 102 degrees.

IT HAS BEEN TOO DARN HOT FOR HERE!!!  Two nights ago, I had Dan fix enough round steak on the grill so he wouldn't have to cook anything else on the grill last night.  Yesterday, early, I made a macaroni salad to have with anything else we might eat till this heat wave is over.  Italian sausage on brat buns, with macaroni salad and strawberry pie for supper tonight. 

And the toilets in the bathhouse really HAVE stopped sweating and making large puddles on the floor.  The water coming into the tanks isn't exactly what you'd call cold anymore.

Still no rain in sight, but at least tomorrow is supposed to start cooling off and only be in the mid to upper 70's.  We've managed to get to 93 the last two afternoons...today is supposed to be worse.  This morning, there was a gray squirrel sitting in the bird bath...does that tell ya anything?   Dewpoints have been in the 70's which really makes it uncomfortable.  BUT THE BUGS AREN'T BAD!  Well, except for the ones splattered on the windshield!

And we have pretty much spent the afternoons sitting in front of a fan; me at the desk in the office and Dan at the TV.  Reservations for summer are coming in at a pretty good clip so I'm not going to complain about where I'm sitting!

Keep cool where ever ever you are!

2 comments:

  1. It's been a hot-hotter summer in India too. But the rains are on it's way and we are all waiting for the Monsoon showers to sweep our coasts.

    By the way, you have something for you in my latest post. please do visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ekanthapadhikan, it would be nice if we got about 3" of rain...but I can't imagine living in a monsoon area.

    I saw your post today and left a comment, so thank you very much! You are a kind man.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive