Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Friday, April 30, 2010

ODE TO MY MOWER

ODE TO A MOWER
Spring has sprung
The grass has riz
I wonder how
The mower is

Will the belts
Go round and round
Will the blades
Make a whirring sound?


The plug is changed
The filter is clean
I just can’t wait
For my machine

To cut the grass
And make it fly
While swatting bugs
Till I cry

10 acres of grass
And I follow the sun
I’m the Lawn Ranger
And I "get ‘er dun"!

Written by Cathy Clementz
 
It won't be long until we'll be mowing grass!!  It beats the hell out of shoveling snow!!

5 comments:

  1. Cute, Cathy! Has the U.P. gotten any rain since April 21st? We left then for Florida (we are still here) and wondering....our new grandson is here, but born with respiratory distress, so he is in the NICU and we are staying down until he is out of the woods. He is sloooowly improving (thank goodness) but grandma doesn't want to come home until we know he is okay. It was so dry when we left the U.P.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gary / Battle Creek11:09 PM

    Very good Cathy, and I too, would much rather run the lawn mower than the snow blower. Although my favorite is running the BOAT MOTOR.....lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your poem! Oh what a difference a month makes in the U.P. ~ happy mowing! a

    ReplyDelete
  4. Retired One, so sorry about the distress of the new baby. How worrisome it is when it is a little one. We DID get rain last night and that WAS the first! We had thunder and lightening too!! Not sure how much rain we got but there are no mud puddles (but then the ground was very dry). Be safe and hope all goes well with the baby.

    Gary, THERE you are!!! Haven't heard from ya in a while! So have you had the boat out yet??

    Cher, Even a couple of days make a difference. It won't be long and the dandelions will be "disgracing" all of the campground!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gary H9:25 AM

    Had it out long enough to suck a bunch of mud into the water intake, a second time to make sure that I had it all cleaned out (LOL) and I might go out again today. Working second shift cramps my style...LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive