Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Saturday, April 24, 2010

NUTTIN' MUCH

Not much going on here.  Well, DAN might disagree with that since all the work is falling on him (yet).

Poor guy; he's trying to get everything ready in the campground and the lodging as well as helping around the house.  I'm still in my brace and down to one crutch and hardly any pain meds, but my knee still wants to "give out" on me and is still very swollen.  I DO have an appointment with my orthopedist on Wednesday.  I just want to make sure that there isn't more wrong than what the X-rays showed.  No offense to the Drs and PA's that staff the "walk in clinic" on the weekends....

One thing I have noticed since we've been home is I've only had hives a couple of times!  I'm almost tempted to do the ice cube test and see if I welt up or not.  But, we have had ice cream a couple of times and that does still bother me a bit so I bet I'm not free of the hives.

I checked the hummingbird migration map and it appears there have been hummers spotted in mid Michigan.  I think our first one appeared around May 8th last year.  We have had blue birds and tree swallows but with the cold temps they've been making themselves kind of scarce.

Other than those few things, nuttin' much going on here!

Take care!!

2 comments:

  1. I never knew that there was so much to do setting up a campground in the spring!
    My husband and I have camped since we were kids in the Scouts and spent a few summers each year camping in Mackinaw City before we decided to move out here to Michigan from New Hampshire. I sure do appreciate all that's done for us campers and I will make sure in the future to express my thankfulness to our hosts in our camping adventures from hereon out.
    The temps are rising, here in Charlevoix County it is up to seventy degrees. :)
    I hope you are feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry you have been on the mend, Cathy!
    We are in Florida awaiting the birth of our next grandchild. She is officially due tomorrow, so we'll see...
    I haven't had time to read everyone's blogs on a regular basis for the last 3 days, or read the comments back to the comments I leave,because I am just grabbing computer time when I can.
    I prepublished posts on my own blog to run when we are away...so keep reading. Glad you are back to the U.P.
    It is hot here...high 80's but we are on the gulf so the ocean breezes are nice.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive