Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Monday, April 19, 2010

I KNEE'D TO MOVE THE COUCH!

No, honest, I didn't forget how to spell.  I really DID KNEE'D to move the couch and where it got me was on crutches.

Last week we were trying to get stuff out of the 5th wheel and do some cleaning.  I was trying to move the couch in the 5th wheel back about 3".  I just figured I'd give it a push with my knees.  WRONG THING TO DO AT MY AGE!!!

My right knee said "NO!!" so I stopped.  I didn't think anymore of it till the middle of the night and woke up with my knee feeling like it was asleep.  I went back to sleep figuring my knee would "wake up" at daylight.  The next morning it was worse.  A couple more days went by and it was getting worse.  On a pain scale of 1-10, I rated it about a 12.  It wasn't sleeping anymore.  It was wide awake and screaming.  Time to get the crutches out of the closet.

Finally, I gave in yesterday (Sunday of course; what other day would you plan on seeing a DR??) and called for an appointment at the "walk in" clinic.  My right knee and thigh are quite swollen (about 2 1/2" bigger than the left knee).  I told the Dr that I was prepared to let her insert a baster bulb into my knee and remove fluid if that would take the pain away.

I had X-rays which showed a bunch of "debris" floating around in there, as well as arthritis (which I knew I had), but I didn't know about the debris and my "jagged" bones. 

So, I got some kind of a shot in my "sit upon" area...the Dr said it was like mainlining Motrin and an Rx for 3 types of pain pills.  I also have a LONG brace that I am to wear except at bed time ( I can't believe how much better it feels with it on and how wobbly my leg is with it off!).  And of course, elevate the leg and put ice on every couple of hours.

Because of the brace, I can't sit at the computer long so this is it from me for now!!

Ya'll take care!

So,

3 comments:

  1. Oh my - so sorry to hear all this. My sister is also laid up with her knee - she DID have the fluid extracted with some relief, but still taking it slow and easy. I hope you have a fast recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very sorry to hear about that...how awful and such bad timing when you have the camping season coming up...the pain must have been awful.
    Hope the meds take care of it, but it sounds like you might need surgery in the future?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am feeling very bad for you and at such at busy time for you. Isn't it amazing how quickly something like that happens? And then how long it takes to get better.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive