Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Thursday, April 01, 2010

AUTHENTIC MEXICAN COOKING...WITH A FLAIR, A SUN FLAIR

Before I forget, thanks for your well wishes on traveling; so far so good.  Diesel is running anywhere from $2.73 to $3.04.  So far, we've timed it right to be at the "cheap" station!!  Only had to stop once for fuel today.

Tonight, we are at an RV park at Brinkley, Arkansas.  The park is behind the Days Inn.  It isn't too far off Hwy 40 so it is a bit noisy but we were too tired to go any further.  It is a nice, level pull thru' site.  And when I say level, I MEAN level.  We didn't even have to unhook the 5th wheel from the truck in order to put the slide out out...it is totally level.  Truth be known, it really IS NOT level, but due to the parking pad, it all lines up so as far as we're concerned it is LEVEL!  The bubbles in both the levels on the 5th wheel are right in the center.  THE WEATHER IS HOT, HOT,HOT!!! 

There is a Mexican restaurant 'attached' to the Days Inn so we walked over there for supper.  I had the chicken chimi platter and Dan actually, for the first time ever, had a beef chimi (platter).  With it, of course, you got your beans and rice...and a nice guacamole salad.  You DO remember the story and photos of Dan's first taste of that "nasty stuff" (his words, not mine...although I did substitute the word "stuff").  He cleaned up the WHOLE platter!!

But on our walk over to the restaurant, we walked past the outdoor pool, which is still covered over.  Laying along side the covered pool was another tarp on the concrete.  I sure wish I had my camera and it is too hot to walk back over and take a photo.  On the tarp was corn tortilla's baking in the sun!!!  I KID YOU NOT!!! 

There must've been 2 dozen of them.  They were starting to curl; is that a sign they are done?  Or spoiled??  Then of course, one can't help but wonder if this is how the "authentic Mexican cooking" is done???  What about all the birds???  The insects crawling around???  I'm hoping these belonged to one of the members of the staff of the Days Inn (most are Mexican) and had nothing to do with the restaurant.

As we left the restaurant though, I asked Dan if he wanted to walk back that way because if those tortillas were done, the least we could do was flip them over!

3 comments:

  1. Too funny about the tortillas, Cathy!
    That's a kodak moment, you should have grabbed a photo. ha
    It was 78 degrees yesterday in the yoop and 77 today..can you believe it?
    Glad your trip is going good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wilson9:12 PM

    does this have anything to do with april fools day???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wilson, HA! You nut!!! Nope, this was for real!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive