Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Thursday, March 04, 2010

WUV IS BWUE

Yesterday was waundry day. Since the waundrymat is acwoss fwom the dennis office and I wah having some compwications, I wawked oer to ha hi wook at my mou.

Ok, you got that so far??? I’ll type normal for a moment or two…

I noticed a nasty looking “thing” where my tooth had been and I didn’t like the looks of it so thought I better have it checked out.

Dan and I got the laundry going and I did walk across to the dentists office and asked if I could be seen by either him or a hygienist. 3 minutes later I was in a chair and the dentist was looking in my mouth.

He called the nasty looking thing by name and explained that since I was taking such good care of my extraction site, it had formed tissue alongside/over the blood clot and all he needed to do was get the scissors and cut it off. It didn’t take long and I didn’t even really feel it, but it made everything bleed again.

So, once more, my mouth was stuffed with gauze.

I walked back over to the Laundromat where Dan was waiting. He said “You weren’t gone long! Were they busy?”

I said “Tha wah one wady in the wobby”.

He said “what?”

I replied, a bit louder and with as much emphasis as I could without spitting out my cud, “tha wah one wady in the wobby!!”

He said “OH, there are a lot of cars there so I thought they might be weally, I mean REALLY busy.”

said “Aww the wooms were fuww”.

By then he was laughing at me so I had to laugh which didn’t help my gauze stay put. I said to him “I wuv you becau you make me waugh”

We both got a good waugh over the whole thing. Dan waughed till his bwue eyes had tears in them. People, all Mexicans, looked at us like we were nuts. Here I am with a cud in my mouth making me look like I’m storing nuts for winter and sounding like Elmer Fudd (“Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. I’m hunting wabbits!”)and both of us laughing like idiots.

As a side note, we washed the flannel sheets yesterday and PUT THEM AWAY!!!! We are back to regular sheets on the bed!!! The weather is NICE!!! It is beautiful!!!! HOOO-----RAY!!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. I fweel fwerry fwerry sworry fow yew....
    Thank goodness you both have a sense of humor!!! YIKES!!
    Get better soon!
    They would have had me on the floor as soon as they said they were going to get scissors to CUT IT OUT.
    You are giving me nightmares, you know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Retired One, I wasn't too happy about the cutting either, but I didn't think he would do it without a shot if it was gonna be painful and we all know I am a wuss when it comes to the dentist!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My gosh Cathy, you are giving me nightmares also! It may be a weawwy weawwy wong time before i ged indo another dentist's seat.
    BTW Love is Blue was done by Paul Mauriat and his orchestra. --Terry D.

    ReplyDelete
  4. tdecolumna, I hope I'M done being in a dentists office until my check up in August! And Yep, Paul Mauriat!! I didn't think anyone would get it! GOOD JOB!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive