Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Monday, March 01, 2010

TIME HAS COME TODAY

In about 4 hours and 15 minutes we'll be headed to Ennis so I can put my money where my mouth is. I haven't been nervous about it till about right now. But I think the pain would outweigh being nervous (if it weren't for the pain pills).

My jaw is tired and achy and it must be from "holding it" a certain way to make sure I don't clang my teeth together. And I'm tired of eating bread for breakfast instead of toast. Or warming up my water so I can take a pill. But those are MINOR things compared to what a lot of people are going through every day in their lives with no end in sight.

I want to give a shout out to a special Michigan business; General RV. They have several stores in Michigan and at least one in Ohio (if not more). We would have purchased our 5th wheel from them had it not been for the inconvenience of traveling downstate to look at 5th wheels (they have MANY of them online on their website at http://www.generalrv.com/ ). Dan says when we are ready to replace THIS 5th wheel, we will be dealing with General RV.

The reason I am giving a shout out to them is because one of their salesmen (who usually wants to remain nameless so I will honor that unless I hear differently from him) has been of great help to us in the past and continues to be during our trip. We've never met, but I think we both feel like we know each other from emailing back and forth. We became "acquainted" via the snowmobile trail reports that I use to do.

Anyway, I digress...Dan and I had noticed recently that our water heater in our 5th wheel was becoming quite noisy (sounded like Grandma's teapot at times) and I, being the paranoid person I am, was very concerned about it (even though we run it on electric instead of gas). Long story short, with this sales reps help, he sent us an anode rod and a PT valve. Dan was finally able to replace our old ones a couple of days ago.

There was hardly anything left of the old anode rod! We figure that had to do with the nasty water we had the first 3 months that we spent in N. Carolina. Then we had to go to town to get a basin wrench so Dan could get the old pressure valve out. We were beginning to think it was welded in there. Finally got it out and it was in sad shape too. So thanks to General RV for shipping these items to us.

AND A BIG THANKS TO GENERAL RV FOR INCLUDING A CAP FOR DAN IN THE SHIPMENT!! He's got 4 hats with him now to choose from; General RV, Alligator River NWR, The Army Corp of Engineers and Mackinac Island! Me??? I have 3 caps; my knit stocking cap (which I hope I don't need anymore!!), my Alligator River cap and my Corp cap.

Catch ya later! And I'll let you know how bad or good a root canal is! Maybe I'll get a cap if I'm good and don't squirm or cry.

3 comments:

  1. "Time Has Come Today"- Eric Burden & the Animals.....Good Luck with that tooth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gary, I've not heard the version by tne Animals. The version I'm thinking of is by the Chamber Brothers. Now I'll have to do a search and see if I can find the one you referred to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck!!! I am getting sweaty palms just thinking of it....ask for DRUGS girl...LOTS of them!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive