Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Sunday, March 07, 2010

RAIN DROPS

Today is one of those days that ya feel it would be absolutely acceptable to stay in bed with the covers over your head (didn’t intend that to rhyme but it does…maybe that is lyrics to something I don’t remember??).

We’ve had 4 gorgeous days in a row. Buds are about ready to burst on the trees. Birds are chirping and sound happy (except for those dumb cormorants). Grass is greening up. Some flowers have blossomed. Yep, life is good….

Except my face still hurts. Sometimes it feels like someone has punched me in the nose and jaw. It feels like the injection site hurts (hard to tell where the ache is coming from). I don’t know if this is normal, so I may call the dentist tomorrow. I can tolerate a lot of pain, but I don’t think I should be feeling quite this way. Even my glasses feel tight at times on my nose! So, even though the weather was gorgeous and Dan and I did have some fun with the Elmer Fudd routine, I’d like to feel like myself again….and be able to eat a hamburger. I’ve done online searches and most of them DO say that after a tooth extraction, especially if it was a difficult one, that you can feel this type of pain for up to a couple of weeks. BUT, the dentist told me before I left the office last Monday that he would be very surprised if I needed anything for pain, that I shouldn’t have any pain. I like the guy but he’s now made me feel like a wuss!! Has anyone had this similar experience with face pain after a tooth extraction and/or pain at the injection site(s)??

So, yep, I’d have rather stayed in bed and covered my head…especially after I saw what my hair looked like when I got up! Cripes!!! I looked like I’d been out with a herd of cows who all wanted to lick my hair. I had cowlicks every place except for my eyebrows (which is probably only because I’d recently plucked them back into a reasonable length!). Except for the blue pain shooting out of my mouth and my hair looking like hell, I’m a real, good looking old gal!!


Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

  1. You crack me up, Cathy....and you found the perfect picture to go along with your blogspost. LOL....My jaw usually does swell up for a few days, but never past a week,and the pain shouldn't last long either..I hope there isn't a pocket of infection trapped in there...I would definitely go see him again AND ask for pain meds. and have him look at it.
    Hope you feel better soon!!!
    We had 55 degrees and sun yesterday and today it is creeping already up to 50s too! WOO HOO! There are buds just peeping out too on only a few trees here, but you know the U.P...we will probably have a blizzard tomorrow. ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Retired One...I'm gonna call the office first thing in the a.m. I was told today that TASA is done grooming, at least for now. Most other areas have put out the red to yellow flag for trail conditions. Hope it stays warm when we decide to head home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:50 PM

    If you feel like that picture looks, you better get to the dentist!!! and a hairdresser!!! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:15 AM

    Hi Cathy,
    Sounds like you might have some infection going on and maybe a dry socket. Hope you made it to the dentist. Pain in the face/jaw is not fun.
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beth, I had considered that possibility but after reading several places online I don't think that is it. I DO think (and hope) that it is due to all the time I had my mouth wide open and how many instruments were in my mouth against my gums and cheek. It seems better today. I didn't need a pain pill first thing this a.m. so that's a good start. Thanks for your comment and concern.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Cathy, all that pain and you still have your sense of humor :-)

    Hang in there. I hope the tooth is better sooooooon.

    jj

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive