Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

MISSING PHOTOS AND FACEBOOK

WELL, THAT IS STRANGE!!!! They were there yesterday....hmmmmm....is it just MY blog or are others having this issue too?? Guess I'll have to go on Google's help area and see if others are having any issues. My other shots show up on my end (previous blogs); how about yours??

So, why is it that I just don't get the whole concept of Facebook??? I JUST DON'T GET IT!!!! I keep getting invites to become friends with so and so and the only reason I got a facebook page, as I explained probably before, is so I could view my daughter's Facebook pages. I know it is a "social networking" site, but WHY??? Is it to put you in touch with people you haven't heard from in years????

I'm not making fun of people that use FB, but I really would like people to tell me WHY they prefer it over just emailing someone. HELP???!!!! I feel like I'm letting people down when I don't respond to the invitation. And I don't know why they invite me because there isn't a heck of a lot ON my FB page.

7 comments:

  1. FB is a social network site. It has replaced emails, phone calls and a lot of personal contact. Some view it as an easier way to connect. I have a FB account so I can keep track of my kids and grandkids...but...I prefer to blog and to receive a phone call.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wendyytb, thanks for your view on FB. I'm with you; blog, phone and EMAIL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cathy, I love Facebook and check it daily. My family is spread all over the country and it is a great way to keep everyone updated. You only have to post once and everyone can see what's going on. It has brought me closer to my cousins, nieces and nephews and extended family. I've also made several friends from the boatnerd community through fb. I'm going to meet them in person this weekend when I'm at the Soo for the first boat of the season in the Locks. So in that way, fb has brought more personal contact into my life. It's not for everybody but I really enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agreed with you for a long time about Facebook...that is until I got on it..I absolutely love it..your other comments nailed it...you only have to post once and everyone on your list knows what is going on with everyone else at the time it is occuring..I really like it. I used to make fun of it, but now I check it at least twice a day and laugh at what people write in only one or two sentences....
    Now, I still make fun of Twitter...but who knows? Maybe someday I will eat those words too!
    Give FB a try, I think you might like it if you get on it once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  5. SBW, thanks for your FB input. I think I'm one of those people that it just isn't for. I even seem lost when I get to my OWN FB page!!! Good Lord! Ya have to wend your way around, it appears to me, to catch up with what everyone has to say! Have fun with those new friends and I wish I could be there for the opening of the Locks!!! No, not homesick, but something I'd like to see.

    Retired One...I may try itmore but I don't know if I'll like it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cathy,
    If you get on Facebook,make sure and request me to be a friend and we will chat on there. :-} Did you know it has a "live chat" feature where you can email in 'real' time back and forth with one person? It is such fun. IF you are on and I go on, there is a little chart that tells me you are on your computer that very moment and I can live chat on the side with a "real time" email comments back and forth that no one else can see at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Retired One, I saw that live chat feature (one of my friends showed up as being "on" the other night. Good to know that no one else can see those thoughts!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive