Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Sunday, February 21, 2010

OH, THE SUN SHINES BRIGHT

WOOO-HOOOO!!!! It got up to 74 degrees today!!!!

Currently it is about 64 and the wind is at least 30mph. It is supposed to be in the 30's tonight and only in the 50's tomorrow...a cold front.

I've been watching this huge storm cloud changing shapes and growing larger. I've taken a few photos of it as it changes. I hope to post them in the next couple of days.

Dan and I really splurged today. We went to town and each bought a little container of Ben and Jerry's ice cream, the flavor is called EVERYTHING BUT THE KITCHEN SINK. It is soooo good. Now, it wouldn't be so bad if we both hadn't been pigs about it, but we each ate our whole container of 1200 calories!! To make up for it we are eating grass and cracked corn for supper.

Hope you are all having a great day!!

2 comments:

  1. Woo hoo..you are finally getting the weather you hoped for! I am so happy for you. Boy, I would be sick if I ate that much ice cream...me and dairy don't get along sometimes....I actually can tolerate the soft swirl icecream (ice milk?) a lot better, but it doesn't taste as good as the real thing.
    I am heading downstate and then to Ohio for a few days and wouldn't you know, they are expecting a huge blizzard down there (the U.P. is going to miss it again!)...my brother and I are going to interview two of our uncles on camcorder..one is 90 yrs. old and the other in his high 80's. We have been meaning to get them on tape and interview them about growing up in the "old days" and finally just decided to pick a date and do it...should be a blast! Paul is staying home to take care of the home fires and my brother's wife isn't coming either, so it will just be the two of us. Should remind us of our childhood again,ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Retired One...we had several nice days in a row, but yesterday was the best. However, we have a cold front here and expecting it to be another cool week with possibility of snow again!!! Be safe in your travels and enjoy the time with old family members! Could be very educational!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive