Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Sunday, February 28, 2010

HOMEWARD BOUND

People are asking us if we are anxious to get home. There are some pros and cons to getting home. I’m giving you the pros and cons from Dan’s point of view and then from my point of view.

WHAT DAN IS ANXIOUS TO GET HOME FOR
1. Our own well water
2. Our own bed
3. Misses his Case tractor
4. Wants to cut wood (can you believe that; do you remember my posts from September and part of October when it seemed all we were doing was cutting wood???)
5. To start his garden
6. To walk through our woods
7. Opening the campground and seeing that our guests are happy
8. Interacting with guests
9. Getting ready to leave again in October

WHAT DAN IS NOT LOOKING FORWARD TO
1. Mosquitoes and black flies
2. Push mowing the lagoon area



WHAT CATHY IS ANXIOUS TO GET HOME FOR
1. Our own well water
2. Our own bed
3. Taking reservations
4. Sitting on the deck (hopefully not needing bug dope) and watching birds
5. Opening the campground and seeing that our guests are happy
6. Interacting with guests
7. Making an income so we can get ready to leave again in October

WHAT CATHY IS NOT LOOKING FORWARD TO
1. Mosquitoes and black flies
2. Putting the office back together (which means making sure the desk top computer is hooked up to all those damn wires correctly)
3. Downloading all the updates for Norton, Windows and anything else that has been missed for the last 6 months
4. Unloading the 5th wheel and putting things back in our home and in the office
5. Cleaning our home from being gone 6 months and giving the 5th wheel a thorough cleaning once it is unloaded.

11 comments:

  1. Dan and you have lots in common. But I see you are both looking forward to heading out again in Oct. So this must be a postive experience for you. We can't wait to try out our 5th wheel. It is parked at Tom's mom's house and we drive by weekly and look at it longinly. We bought it in Nov. and haven't used it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems there is nothing finer than drinking your own well water.
    I certainly miss ours when we are away from home.
    -- Terry D.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wilson7:28 PM

    when will you be "homeward bound"(simon&garfunkel)?

    ReplyDelete
  4. wilson7:36 PM

    hey cathy,...have you and dan discussed that "we may never pass this way again" i don't know if that was the name of the song or just some of the words, who sung it???

    ReplyDelete
  5. When are you coming home? It is still pretty snowy up here! We are expecting high 30's and sun the rest of the week...but no big meltdown yet!

    I am ALWAYS glad to be home to our own bed and own shower and I am sure after living in the 5th wheel, you will appreciate more space when you get back too....and getting back to normal routine...but that's what makes the adventures in between so great, right????

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous10:44 PM

    you should dump Norton and go with AVG, it's a much better program. Safe travels home!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your own bed-- That must be music to your ears-- and backs :-)

    I'm just back from vacation and catching up on my reading. Your tree photos below are stunning Cathy! You are really good with a camera. Congrats on your award!

    Have a great week!
    jj

    ReplyDelete
  8. GaryH7:31 AM

    Yup, "Homeward Bound" is by Simon & Garfunkel and, in answer to Wilson, "We May Never Pass This Way Again" was done by Seals & Crofts.
    Although I'm not as pleased with my well water, it is cheaper than the alternative....lol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. SBW, Dan and I can be like two peas in a pod most of the time and other times it is like oil and water! It won't be long and you can hit the road too!!

    Terry, we've had guests who have told us we should bottle our water and sell it. We really do miss it!!

    Wilson, I think Seals and Croft sung that song you mentioned. We will be heading homeward in about a month. Our caretaker assures us everything is fine. And yep on Simon and Garfunkel!

    Retired One...You mentioned something that I hadn't OUR OWN SHOWER! THAT will be a plus too!!

    Anonymous, I DID put AVG on my laptop because Norton had screwed it up ROYALLY. When it comes time to renew Norton on my business computer, I may go with AVG there too.

    Joanna, welcome back!!! And thanks for the kudos on the photos!

    Gary H...THERE you are! I thought I'd lost you!! You missed the song "rolling off a log" back there with the pelicans! Well no one else got it either!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love reading your blog, and stumbled on it oh about 6 months ago while reading Sault Boat Watcher's blog. My husband and I love to camp in the U. P. (he won't haul our camper over the Bridge more than once every other year), and we are looking forward to visiting your campground next year (2011). But what I was going to say is that there is never anyplace like home, unless your home is your camper, and to wish you a safe journey, and to Thank you for all the beautiful pictures you have posted. Speaking for myself, I am sure I will never get to see most of these places you have visited and enjoying checking your blog for the pictures and stories of your journies....hope your tooth feels better. Amy Bush (Byron MI)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amy S, thanks!!! I'm glad you found me!!! And we look forward to your visit in 2011!! Dan and I appreciate your well wishes for a safe journey. We give thanks every time we make it from point a to point b!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive