Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Friday, February 12, 2010

DON'T LOOK, ETHEL!

The MOAB for Texas apparently is over but we don't plan on venturing out anyplace...too many people on the road that do not know how to drive in the snow/slush.

I guess we ended up with about 5" of snow here in the park, and a bit west of us ended up with about 10" of snow.

We didn't go any place yesterday, well...except for the brisk walk to the bathhouse and back from the bathhouse. Our forms of entertainment include TV, my book that I'm reading and almost done with, playing Greedy and trying to look out the kitchen window at the birds.

It has been difficult to look out the other windows for two reasons; 1. we've kept the shades down, and 2. if we had put the shades up there was too much condensation on the windows to see out anyway (except for the kitchen window and the window at the end of the couch).

So, we're up, dressed, had breakfast, did dishes and here we are...wondering what can we do today...inside. Dan did go out and remove snow from the little bird feeder we put up. That made the chickadees and one lone sparrow happy. The windows aren't in too bad of a condensation state this a.m. so we decided to open the one by the dinette. Now THAT was entertainment!

No, it isn't that we are easily amused, but it is what we saw after we sat there a while looking out the window.

The man in the 5th wheel about 4 sites down (no one between them and us) was returning from the bathhouse. The wind has subsided but there is still a good breeze. He had on his Texas style cowboy hat, a denim jacket, not buttoned up, cowboy boots and a towel....yep, that was it. I couldn't see his face, but I don't think he was too happy. It HAS to be slippery out there (since no one plows these roads) walking in cowboy boots (these boots WEREN'T made for walking..in snow), trying to keep your dignity covered and it being 30 degrees. He had some difficulty negotiating his steps in those slippery boots, holding the towel with one hand, unlocking the door with the other....haven't seen him since, but then we didn't figure it was the neighborly thing to sit with our faces plastered to the window to see what happened next.

I think we'll take our showers tonight...under the cover of darkness.

9 comments:

  1. Oh Please! You are cracking me up! Isn't people watching fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Streak:Ray Stevens these boots weren't made for walking:Nancy Sinatra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wendy, I take comfort in knowing that neither Dan nor I looked like that poor Texan!!

    Tractor Guy, Yep, right on The Streak and sort of right on the Boots song...except it really is These Boots are made for walking...I injected weren't instead of "are", but you ARE paying attention and caught the reference!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sfeutz6:50 PM

    Sounds like you haven't lost your sense of humor is spite of the weather. And where was your camera? Sounds like a priceless Texas moment! Take care and stay warm. .

    ReplyDelete
  5. How funn people are!!

    Enjoyed my visit to your blog!

    Julie
    www.ridingaside.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wish the 5 inches of snow had been here! You thought you were getting away from it and you got more snow this week than we did. See ya soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sandy, we found out later the man was from Nebraska! He checked out yesterday!

    Julie, thanks for stopping by!! Glad you enjoyed the visit!

    Candace, where in the heck have you been? Haven't you been receiving my emails? Dallas received over a foot of snow; lots of problems there. Glad to know you are among the living!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, Cathy..you should have taken that guy's picture.....we ALL would've gotten a chuckle out of THAT one!!!!
    Hang in there with all that snow and cabin fever!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Retired One, if I could have gotten to my camera in time I would have tried!! We did get to go for a walk yesterday; it got up to 50 degrees but was so very windy. I ended up with hives all over the top of my feet. I was about NUTS with wanting to itch by the time we got back to the 5th wheel!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive