Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Friday, February 05, 2010

CATHY'S CLOWN

We did our grocery shopping the other day at the Super Wal-mart in Ennis. It is about 6 miles away; very convenient and anyone who is blessed to be close to a Super Wal-Mart knows you have more variety there than you do at the neighborhood mom and pop store.

One of the items we purchased as a HUGE round loaf of day old sour dough bread. It was $1.50, couldn’t go wrong with that! Dan loves sour dough bread so he was thrilled to know the loaf was basically going to be his, all his (I don’t care for it that much).

That night I made burgers for supper and I shaped Dan’s so it could fit on the sliced sour dough bread. I was going to just have regular old wheat bread for mine. Since I was busy in the kitchen (tongue in cheek…anyone who has an RV knows what I mean) I asked Dan if he would slice the bread for his sandwich, which he did.

I figured he must REALLY be hungry and REALLY looking forward to the sour dough bread. He made each slice about 1” thick. I put his sliced cheese on first (he has to have it in a certain order), then his nice, thick juicy burger. He took his plate to the table and proceeded to pile on the pickles and squirt on the ketchup, and then he put the other slice on top. I was watching carefully to see how he planned on getting this “whopper” in his mouth.

And then he realized that it was going to be a chore to even get a bite of the bread and the burger at the same time. I wish I had gotten the camera out for this event…but it was a pretty messy event. There wasn’t any way to smash it smaller so he had to contend with what he had. He had ketchup on both sides of his face and reminded me of The Joker with that weird smile.

Possibly next time, IF there IS a next time, he will slice the bread a bit on the ½” thick side instead of 1” thick. At least he wasn’t hungry 3 hours later.

We have had rain the past couple of days and have been cooped up. Today is supposed to be sunny in the afternoon and up in the 50’s so HOPEFULLY we can take a walk!

The Corp was looking for some volunteers to wear safety harnesses, goggles and hang from the dam to work….we are not that bored yet so we said we would help with the clean out of the maintenance garage on Monday. We were both surprised that they would ask people to volunteer for a job like that when you have to have “lessons” on even how to drive the lawn mower! And run a chain saw…that I CAN understand, but the lawn mower part kind of surprised us.

There isn’t nearly as much here to take photos of as there was in N. Carolina and our positions are quite a bit different here than in N. Carolina. We like it here (when the weather cooperates that is!!) and would consider coming back again sometime. AND THE BIRDS ARE SINGING SPRING SONGS!!! THAT is nice to wake up too!

It didn’t seem like we had THAT much rain but the lake sure is HIGH! Where we use to be able to walk along the trees by the shoreline, well we aren’t able to anymore! The lake is now about 35’ beyond those trees!!

So, you folks in Michigan enjoy your snow and temps (although we have a possibility of snow next week!!) and we’ll send photos of robins, and blue birds and buds on trees!!

(AND I BET YOU KNOW WHO SANG THE TITLE SONG...)

4 comments:

  1. Gary / Battle Creek1:49 AM

    This one is EASY.....The Everly Brothers. I too like sourdough bread, tried bagels as buns before....WAY too thick, big mess. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gary, I KNEW you'd get it! I can't imagine trying a burger between a bagel!! Although I admit, I have smeared cream cheese on them and put a couple of slices of deli ham on for a sandwich...and THAT was a mouthful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OUch...that last comment hurt!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Retired One...I must've missed something...why did the last comment hurt?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive