Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Monday, January 25, 2010

NUTTIN' MUCH

LOVING MY AIR CARD!!!! I feel the wind beneath my wings as I cruise over the keyboard and answer emails in lightening speed! And I can read my few blogs that I follow!!! And I want to welcome a new follower, thanks Nathan for joining!!

It sounds like Dan and I picked a good year not to be in da U.P. for winter and snowmobiling. Seney's trail report included rain and deteriorating conditions, Grand Marais has put the red and yellow flag out...but snow is in the forecast for the home area!!!

AND SINCE WE ARE IN TEXAS, THEY TOO HAVE SNOW IN THE FORECAST!! It seems the weather follows us and we are, of course, to blame! The days and nights have been very pleasant, but this a.m. it was down to 31 but did get up to 60 today. By Friday, it is expected to be in the 20's with a POSSIBILITY of snow...enough to make snow angels!

We're still getting acclimated and learning names of people that we will be interacting with. Tomorrow, we are going over to the shop on the other side of the lake to help do some cleaning and organizing.

I did get a couple of sunrise photos haven't downloaded them to the computer yet. I hoped to get other shots before hooking up to the computer.

So that is about it for today!! If you want info about the area, go to http://lakebardwell.googlepages.com/

Some nice shots there!!

3 comments:

  1. You are traveling the countryside down south and missing all of this wonderful winter weather. Lucky you! I think that Carter's Lake in GA is gorgeous! I would be heading there too!
    Safe travels and camping. Glad you are back online a bit more regularly.
    Take care Cathy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went on your recommended website of the lake...it looks huge!
    I loved the shot of the wildflowers beside the lake--will you still be there in the spring?

    ReplyDelete
  3. DVM'S WIFE, We are truly blessed to be having this adventure and we both hope we are able to do it again next year. We both give thanks every day that we can do this. And I am extreeeeeemly glad to be back online more often with greater speed!!

    Retired One, we will be here till about the 7th of April then we start the journey home. So I hope we get to see those bluebonnets in blossom! I'm glad you checked out the website. There is a lot of good info there...a lot more than I could have provided

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive