Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

MISSING YOU

We all know that there are 7 days in a week. It follows that 14 days make up two weeks. And if ya want to get really into time, there are 336 hours in 14 days. I know you can do the math from here as far as minutes in 336 hours. So with the info I have given you…hold that thought.


Now, while you are holding that thought, please read through the following list and see what you think these different foods/drinks might have in common. Do you come up with anything?

Apples
Mayonnaise
Bananas
Apple Juice
Nutrasweet
Sweet and Low
Cantaloupes
Peaches
Soy Sauce
Carbonation
Pineapple
Alcohol
Chilies/Spicy Foods
Plums
Processed meats and fish
Chocolate
Strawberries
Tofu
Citrus Fruits
Tea
Yogurt
Coffee (including Decaffeinated)
Tomatoes

Cranberries
Vinegar

Grapes
Vitamin B Complex

Guava


If I told you that the above list of food/drinks caused back spasms, would you believe me? NO? OK, how about if I told you that if eaten or drank (boy that doesn’t sound grammatically correct) daily that they caused ingrown hairs, would you believe me? NO? OK, how about if I told you they can cause bladder spasms, would you believe me?? HMMMM, not so sure???
Hold that thought….

Back to how many hours in 14 days; actually make that 16 days now. I have gone 16 days, COLD TURKEY, without coffee. And I am only sharing this with you because other people could have this issue creep up on them unexpectedly and be in extreme pain and discomfort and not know why. Yep, any of those foods/drinks listed above can cause excruciating bladder spasms. (Now why does that sound so much more personal than letting you know they could lead to excruciating back spasms?? )

I didn’t get this info from a Dr, I searched online when this started happening about 3 weeks ago. Since I don’t have access to guava, hadn’t had bananas in 3 months and some of the other things just didn’t seem like they could be the culprit, I cut out coffee. I’m not a pop drinker so that wasn’t an issue (well not until I decided to cut out caffeine and then I seemed to crave an ice cold Pepsi!).

SO, it is time that I could “re-introduce” coffee back into my “diet”, but I don’t know if I’m going to. For one thing, the counter top by the sink in our 5th wheel seems TWICE as big as it did before since there isn’t a coffee maker sitting on it. I kind of like that extra space and uncluttered look. For another thing, I WAS IN PAIN!!!

I could try a coffee drink called KAVA. I’ve seen it at Wal-Mart, in the coffee aisle, where all the aromatic coffee beans are….sigh…..It seems rather costly but I sure miss having coffee with breakfast. Has anyone tried it and if so, how bad/good was it??

So, yep, this is personal information but I don’t mind sharing it if it might help someone else.

(Do you know who sang the title of this post? Do you remember the song??)

6 comments:

  1. Ok...I am confused.
    Are you saying that any/all of the list of foods you listed, if not eaten/drank will then cure you of back pain and bladder spasms?

    Or just not having coffee?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No caffeine?!?!?! I tried to give it up several months ago and nearly died from the raging headache. I finally gave up and started drinking cola again.

    Hope you figure it out and are feeling better soon!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Retired one, any one of those items listed can CAUSE bladder spasms. For me, it was the caffeine I was consuming in my two-three cups of coffee.

    Joanna, I fortunately didn't experience any withdrawal symptoms other than just missing sitting in the a.m.with my first cup of coffee...my quiet time before Dan gets up and the day begins.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gary / Battle Creek, MI12:53 PM

    Hi Cathy, "Missing You" has been done by quite a few artists including Dan Fogelberg, the Blackeyed Peas, John Waite, Red Sovine, Patsy Cline and more. Hope the two of you keep enjoying your "working vacation".

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gary,the one I'm thinking of is by J. Waite. You are good at this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gary / Battle Creek1:56 AM

    I have my moments.....lol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive