Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Saturday, January 09, 2010

FROM SEA TO SHINING SEA

Leaving day is almost here and we are trying to get things done up.

We put out brochures on the refuge and Dan did some outside work on the cabin that is here at the campsite, pounding nails back in the cedar siding, checking the caulking…just little things.

I’ve got more photos I want to share with you whether you are bored with them by now or not!!! WHY??? Because I’m selfish that way! HA! That and because a lot of friends and family are following our trip via the blog and the photos I post. It is a lot easier than writing individual letters and/or emails. See, by reading Yooper Yarns, you have the option of scrolling past anything you don’t want to view. If you were sitting here across from me with our box of wine between us, you’d be a captive audience and you’d be polite enough to sit and listen till I bored you to tears.

Before I go any further, I want to give a shout out to Atlantic Computers. I believe the address is Kitty Hawk but I can’t remember for sure. Long story as short as I can make it, this morning my computer locked up. I couldn’t re boot, I couldn’t do anything except get an instant gut ache and figure the stars were out of alignment due to us leaving here in a couple of days. I couldn’t use the little button to shut the power off…it wouldn’t shut off. So I started looking in the yellow pages and calling numbers. A person, not a machine, answered at Atlantic Computers. I explained my problem, he offered what he hoped would be a solution (and it was) and told me if I needed anything else to please feel free to call back. I DID call back, but just to thank him for his assistance and let him know how much it was appreciated.

So on with the show!!!!

the oceans roar


the oceans roar


DAN ENJOYING A WALK ALONG THE SHORE


the oceans roar



the oceans roar

6 comments:

  1. Cathy, The pictures are wonderful. You can almost feel the power of nature in the water and the clouds.

    We are enjoying your posts and ALL the pictures. North Carolina is certainly different from Michigan. Can't wait to follow your trip as your journey to Texas this week.

    Tom and I went to the UP in November and bought a 5th wheel. It had belonged to my brother's brother-in-law. We got the truck and RV and we can't wait to take it on the road. Because I'm working quite a bit now (which helps pay for the RV), we can't travel anywhere until April. We're going to Branson, MO and will be on the road a couple of weeks. But in another year or so, we will would like to travel all winter. Maybe we could do something like you and Dan are doing now.

    Thanks for taking the time to post. WiFi will be a luxury for you in Texas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOooooo, LOVED that last one especially! The lighting on the water is fantastic. Just awesome!
    Isn't the ocean amazing??
    I am just smitten with it and its moods, just like I am with Lake Superior.
    The waves are fantastic.
    Have a safe trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sbw CONGRATS ON THE RV!!!! Good for you guys!!! We'd like to go to Branson sometime. We've enjoyed what parts of Mo that we've seen. I'm glad that you aren't bored with our "travelogue" yet!! Looking forward to WIFI and some Tex-Mex cooking!!

    Retired one...I've got so many ocean and wave photos and I've deleted a LOT of them. I can't chose which ones to keep! Or share!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep those pictures coming Cathy! I love them.

    And today's are STUNNING!!!!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice pix...only thing missing is a Dog walking/running alongside Dan! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Joanna, thanks so much! I wish I had YOUR talent for writing!!!

    es, I've got SO many photos I want to share and a lot of them are of the ocean. It fascinates me from one second to the next! Dan probably would have enjoyed a dog along side him!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive